• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Are You Passing the Time Until June?

How Are You Passing the Time Until June?

• Playing D&D 3.5E

Votes: 126 52.1%
  • Filing a tax extension.

Votes: 16 6.6%
  • Reading the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy again.

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Dreaming up things to like about 4E.

Votes: 71 29.3%
  • Dreaming up things to hate about 4E.

Votes: 22 9.1%
  • Counting the days until Pathfinder is released.

Votes: 23 9.5%
  • Playing 4E "Lite."

Votes: 61 25.2%
  • Tellign people who complain about 4E Lite that it isn't meant to be a complete rules system, sheesh.

Votes: 34 14.0%
  • Fishing for largemouth bass.

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Converting my favorite adventure/module to the 4E rules.

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Looking for a new gaming group.

Votes: 34 14.0%
  • Playing World of Warcraft.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • Watching the WotC website like a hawk.

Votes: 94 38.8%
  • Policing the Gleemax blogs for scoops.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Cleaning my room.

• Critiquing the artwork.

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Arguing on teh internets.

Votes: 74 30.6%
  • Playing AD&D.

• Catching up on housework.

Votes: 29 12.0%
  • Planning the ultimate D&D campaign.

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Trying to figure out how healing surges work.

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Doing something with the kids, I guess.

Votes: 33 13.6%
  • Typing up my 4E houserules.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Two words: World Building.

Votes: 86 35.5%
  • Typing "QFT!," clicking "Submit New Thread."

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Rolling up the ultimate ranger.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Fixing the warlord.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Rotating my tires.

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Converting my current campaign to 4E.

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Shopping for dice.

• Convincing my sig-o that I really, really need new books.

Votes: 29 12.0%
  • Studying the rules for movement and marking.

• Rewriting some/all of the power names.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Other, because I am compelled to always click "Other" option.

Votes: 50 20.7%
  • Other, because I plan to do this instead (explain).

Votes: 38 15.7%

• Poll closed .

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
1. Converting my forever old boring D&D world to 4th Edition cosmology and Points of Light setting ideas.
2. Planning campaign arcs.
3. Thinking about specific encounters I want to run.
4. Cursing my players for not being as excited as me and picking what they want to play BEFORE we see the books.
5. Trying to figure out how to mix up Mind-flayers, demons, elemental evil and devils into ONE campaign without throwing too much at the players at one time.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
diaglo said:
too cold here. that's something for the summer with a case a beer and a small boat.
QFT......OMG I just QFT'd diaglo the end is NIGH!! doom flaming apocalyptic doom from the sky!!

Too cold for bass fishing, this is the season for Wally's before the water heats up too much. That and hiding the goldfish when the Fish & Game officers pass by.

Firevalkyrie

First Post
diaglo said:
too cold here. that's something for the summer with a case a beer and a small boat.
Amen, bro.

Also completing my 3.5 campaign and planning my first 4E campaign, intended to start centuries after the end of my 3.5... in a tavern. ;)

I've been DMing shadowrun 4E and having a blast with it. It's helped to remind me that there is a sweet spot for rules as well as characters. The sweet spot to me is a system that has a robust enough system to cover most of the major issues you'll run into, but flexible enough to allow the DM to "wing it" in the name of keeping the game moving along the right path to fun.

-Ashrum

Waiting for Pathfinder, the 4E books (just because I enjoy reading game systems) and a lot of World Building - I run Fantasy Hero primarily and I've built about 100 pages of spells, talents, races, packages and such; plus a fair amount of cosmology and world details.

I still have a lot of magic to do (converting things I like from other game systems*, plus modifying the Hero stuff that is in the Grimiores), and I plan to have an inner earth/hollow world thing which I need to build, as well as building a full blown Spelljammer like fantasy space thing - I need to build ships and set the defenses and damage where I like.

When I am done, I'll likely have 400+ pages of campaign book.

* My magic systems run the gamut - I have a Rolemaster-esque 3 type split with an older system, one that is an almost direct conversion of Incarnum, and another that feels like a cross between binders and Final Fantasy-esque summonings.

pweent

Explorer
Just clarifying one of my answers - I said "Converting my current campaign to 4e," which is only true in a hypothetical sense. I intend to finish my current Age of Worms game in 3.5. I just can't stop myself from thinking, "Okay, so then the Binder becomes a Warlock, wonder when the Vestige Pact info will come out? I need the multiclassing roles to see how hard it'd be to make something like a rogue/wizard for the Beguiler..."

I'd love to convert the game to 4e, but we've got a party full of characters that rely on stuff that isn't in the 4e first wave - we're set in Eberron, so we've got a dragonmarked artificer with a warforged cohort, a changeling binder, a druid / dragon shaman, a monk / assassin, and a beguiler. Not a straight conversion in the bunch! I can't stop planning the hypothetical conversion, though....

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
No one's fishing for largemouth bass!

And there's no option for "Twiddling my thumbs"!

I've been playing 4E lite, while trying to graduate.

Remove ads