• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E how can i add oomph to my warlock

Donpoohbear

First Post
ok my warlock has oomph but id like more spell slots and a way to increase my spell dc. id like to actually be able to fight tiamat but cantrips wont hurt her

Chocolategravy

First Post
When you get to Tiamat you should have saved up a pile of gold. Use the gold to buy a large army to beat the heck out of her. Who knew the most potent 5E epic ability was going to be managerial skills?

jgsugden

Legend
The Warlock is fairly balanced. On a round by round basis, it is one of the most effective ranged PCs with d10+5 (assuming 20 stat) and 10' push on each of 4 attacks per round if you devote 2 invocations to Eldritch Blast. On top of that, you get 4 5th level spells per short rest and 1 spell per level from 6 to 9 per long rest. You *can* do your part in a battle with Tiamat. Are you going to be able to solo Tiamat? I hope that no PC can. But you're going to do just fine in that battle compared to other classes.

The 'problem' with the Warlock is that it is built to have fewer options and to rely more heavily upon Eldritch Blast. Some people want that - but if you do not, play a Sorcerer or Wizard. They provide more versatility, but their At-will attacks are less effective.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
how can i add oomph to my warlock

th

my warlock has oomph but id like more spell slots and a way to increase my spell dc

Being a sorcerer is the quickest way to more slots. Upping your spellcasting ability score is the best way to increase your spell DC. Also helps if you can impose disadvantage on enemy saves.

Paraxis

Explorer
Increase spell DC, by increasing spellcasting ability in the warlocks case charisma or getting magic items that do so. Items that increase spell DC from the DMG are rod of the pact keeper and robe of the archmagi.

More spell slots there is multiclassing and a few magic items like pearls of power and rod of absorption.

Tiamat being immune to any spell of level 6 or lower she wants to be, having saving throws that range from +8 to +19 and advantage on saves vs magic, and 5/legendary resistances to use if spells get past that, I would say no spellcaster trying to effect her directly is going to have a chance. Buffs, support, using the help action to let a melee person hit her AC of 25 all sound like better options that attacking her with spells.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads