How can I report someone who doesn't post?

The Human Target

Adventurer
This guy just trolls people with opinions he doesn't like with "laugh with this post", but never actually contributes with posts.

*snip link* -Darkness

It's pretty annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Well, it is "laugh with" instead of "at." Having someone laugh with your post give you XP. XP is good. The is the most benevolent Troll I ever heard of. Instead of reporting him for giving you XP direct him my way.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
If reporting can't help, it's probably best to PM a moderator. Also, please don't publicly name or link to users you think are behaving problematically. Just let us know in private, like with reports.

MNblockhead

As someone who is new to these forums...what is the problem here?

What is wrong with just reading and clicking laugh or xp?

What am I missing here?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As someone who is new to these forums...what is the problem here?

What is wrong with just reading and clicking laugh or xp?

What am I missing here?

The original poster feels that the person about whom the complaint has been made is twisting the intent of the "laugh with" button by using it as a "laugh at" button. Hard to prove; doubly so since that person never seems to post actual responses that would clarify.

MNblockhead

Was the original post sarcastic? Given the user name "The Human Target", I can see that. Did my sarcasm-detector fail and I took the troll bait? Oh well.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Was the original post sarcastic? Given the user name "The Human Target", I can see that. Did my sarcasm-detector fail and I took the troll bait? Oh well.

Half-serious, I presume: surprised that [MENTION=6793093]Jeff Albertson[/MENTION] hasn't laughed with the original post.

The Human Target

Adventurer
Entirely serious.

All the guy does is give XP to posts he agrees with and laugh at posts he disagrees with (ie posts that are pro-4e.)

It's troll behavior that gets around moderation because he never actually posts.

I come to the site, see I have 3 notifications and think "Gee golly, I wonder what post of mine people liked or want to have a conversation about." And then they're all that guy, clicking laugh on posts that couldn't be less humorous.

Remove ads