How Close is D&D Encounters to you?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
0 miles :D
We host Encounters and also have many rpgs played at the store. Some kind of D&D (OD&D, 1-4E, Pathfinder) almost every day or evening, most days more than 1 game.

Pig Champion

First Post
My FLGS runs encounters on Thursday nights and Pathfinder Society on Saturday morning/afternoon. They also BECMI/1E, Call of Cthulhu and RPGA.

I play Encounters at the single FLGS, Jeff's Cards and Comics, in Peterborough, Ontario where I am living for grad school, and its luckily just over two blocks away from my apartment.
We get good turnout every week, sometimes threatening to carry over to another table.

Anywhere in the midwest, it's not uncommon to drive 4+ hours to a big Magic tourney, 2+ to a "local" Saturday event.

Maybe make a FNM in the summer when a parent is feeling generous and took the afternoon off.

Wednesday night D&D is right out.

cdrcjsn

First Post
D&D Encounters requires a game store.

RPGA does not, and can be played at home.

If there's none being run near you, you can always organize a game yourself. It's not that hard. You don't even need to DM (though you probably will, because finding a DM is usually the bottleneck in organizing these types of things).

As for how to find an RPGA game, I suggest you go to the WotC forums and look up the RPGA section.

Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

the Jester

Legend
Approximately 1 hour's drive.

But then, I live in the mountains in the middle of nowhere.

And apparently I still have it easier than some of you guys!

maddman75

First Post
Within walking distance.

There's also a meetup.com group that I run. We have a monthly RPG game day with 2 different games (4 if we get enough people). Usually we get between 6 and 12 people show up each month, and are looking to grow. We also have a board game day at my house once a month for mostly the same crowd.

The store also offers magic, Warmachine, board game, and other tournaments, and there's another store not far away that offers game space as well. There's a thriving gaming community in Springfield IL!

Remove ads