• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do I delete an invitation to a group?

olshanski

First Post
I've been invited to a group ("Social Group Invitations"). It shows up on my notifications. I want to delete it but I cannot figure out how.

Any suggestions?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think some things (like friend requests and social group invites) don't drop out of your notifications until you actually accept or reject them.

olshanski

First Post
Aha,

I had to actually click on the group before I could see the option to join or decline. I was looking at it from the first Notifications pane and was hoping to decline without having to go into the group.

RainOfSteel

Explorer
Aha,

I had to actually click on the group before I could see the option to join or decline. I was looking at it from the first Notifications pane and was hoping to decline without having to go into the group.
My issue was the reverse.

Yesterday, I noticed I had a group invitation pending. It was my first group invite here on EnWorld.

I studied the invitation carefully, searching for the link or button to accept the invite. Nothing was there.

I clicked through to the group, but did not see anything (see below).

I went back to the invite and stared at it a while longer, and still found nothing.

I clicked on Join Social Groups, and then searched for the group, and found my invite again, which did not provide a way to accept the invite.

After about 10 minutes of cycling through this, I started using cntl+f to search for "join" and "accept" on a web page, and finally found a join link at the very bottom of the group's web page, which was a ways down the page and off the screen.

My recommendation: Put join and decline links on the invite. From a human-interface design standpoint, that it where you would expect the options to be. As a second option, perhaps move them somewhere to the top of the group's page where they will be immediately visible upon visiting it.

Remove ads