How do I? Looking for a rule

LostSoul

Adventurer
This is one of the things the rules don't cover, so look to page 42. Basically it's a DM call with some guidelines.

I'd say that you take a standard action, make some kind of ability check depending on how you describe your action against an appropriate defense, and if you hit you have disarmed the bad guy.

I might say, "I strike at his unprotected hand, trying to get him to drop his weapon" - that's a Str vs. AC attack, with weapon mods. Hit - he drops his weapon in his square.

I might say, "I grab his arm and twist it so he can't hold on" - that's Str vs. Fort. Hit - drops the weapon in his square.

For sunders, it's really the same thing. "I smash his weapon with all my might." You might want to allow the bad guy an immediate reaction if the PC misses - a basic attack, or something, depending on the kind of monster it is, especially if it's an elite or solo monster that really depends on his weapon.

Whatever you do, make sure that this technique is only good some of the time, even against bad guys who rely on an item or weapon to deal damage. What I've posted above might be unbalanced considering that.

SadisticFishing

First Post
Disarm - weapon versus reflex, then strength versus fort. Both hit = they drop their weapon in their square (move action to pick it back up).

Note that that is not a real rule, but I think it seems basically fair.

For Sundering, I'm kind of glad sundering is gone. It was silly for many reasons - no one in their right mind is going to sunder a magic weapon, and the whole concept is kind of odd. I swing my giant piece of metal at your giant piece of metal - and yours breaks! Bwahaha!

Amazing Triangle

First Post
What about taking an object off of a monster?
e.g. A monster has a necklace that makes it a monster, take it off and save the person.

You have to do something like this in Heathen.

How do I do it?

Andor

First Post
Thievery check with a -10 penalty for being in combat. PHB pg 189.

The rogue Utility 10 power "Dangerous Theft" (pg 122) will negate the penalty.

James McMurray

First Post
What about taking an object off of a monster?
e.g. A monster has a necklace that makes it a monster, take it off and save the person.

You have to do something like this in Heathen.

How do I do it?

Grab them. Then, if they haven't escaped, on the next round roll Str vs. Reflex if you're not concerned about breaking the item, or Dex. vs. Reflex if you are. If you succeed, you've got the item in your hand and off of them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases