How Do You Deal With Splatbooks?

How Do You Handle Splatbooks?

• Anything goes!

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • Anything published by Wotc goes!

Votes: 75 24.5%
  • Approval/disapproval on a case-by-case basis.

Votes: 205 67.0%
  • Some things restricted at campaign start, everything else allowed.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • Limited number of options (e.g. based on character level).

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Core rules only!

Votes: 29 9.5%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 17 5.6%

DonTadow

First Post
I keep a homebrew document/PDF of all the things allowed in the game. Wotc products are usually safe in this campaign, but everything still has to be approved. Because of the low magic atmosphere of the game, I rarely allow any splat books nowdays even if it is wotc.

In my next campaign I"m doing everything from one sourcebook, the ogl steampunk.

Gold Roger

First Post
In principle, everything I own can be completely used, unless it's way out of wack (hasn't happened yet).

However, players need to give a good in game reason and aquire all new stuff in game.

shilsen

Adventurer
For my Eberron game:

* Almost anything from the core books, the ECS and the Sharn book allowed.
* Things from the Complete books, other Eberron books, PHB2 and (more recently) the Spell Compendium being allowed on a case-by-case basis.

The Lost Muse

First Post
In general, I write a list of allowed sources, and then I will consider feats/spells/prestige classes from sources that didn't make the cut.

For my next campaign, I am allowing material from: Core Rulebooks, Eberron Campaign Setting (and all supplements save races of eberron), the first four complete books, the Spell Compendium, Testament, Seas of Blood (only selected materials), and Ptolus.

Psion

Adventurer
I have a list of recommended and banned sources, which can vary according to the campaign. Everything else is case-by-case basis.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Generally anything goes, but there are plenty of books I don't own so I like to at least be able to read and review the material before it's implemented. And of course I reserve the right to make changes in the future if there are problems.

hexgrid

Explorer
Anything by WotC or Malhavoc Press.

In theory, at least. In practice, there's a lot of stuff by both WotC and Malhavoc Press that the players never consider using. They each have favorite products that they use more than any other.

Pants

First Post
Case by Case basis.

In general, I allow anything from my 'Core Books' which includes the 3.5 Core Books, PHB2, and the Expanded Psionics book. No one plays a manifester so broken powers don't really affect me.

Everything else, I look it over first.

Ventifus

First Post
Right now I'm running the Shackled City (they're down in Bhal-Hamatugn), and it's truly anything goes. The PCs are also gestalt, so it lends this wacky cool fantasy-supers feel. Lots of fun.

My next campaign though will be much more restricted. I'm thinking of Arcana Evolved in a homebrew world. The rule there will be anything allowed by approval except Wizards of the Coast books! :)

Remove ads