How Do You Enjoy D&D Away From the Table

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
World building
Map making
Funding and monitoring Kickstarters for materials I'll never have time to play
Paging through material that has been sitting on my shelves for a couple years unused commenting to my self how cool they are and I should find a group to play them.
Getting deep into rules discussions on discussion boards and discussions about being a "rules lawyer"
Finding ways to hide my hobby in plain sight so that only the initiated notice
Listing to gaming-related podcasts--my lawn is so much better tended and my house much cleaner thanks to Critical Role!
Spending hours trying new software to improve my hobby, only to realize it isn't that much more convenient than pen and paper.
Complaining to anyone who'll put up with me why Adventurer's League is evil and wishing for the days of one-off competitive tournaments with pregens.
Aimlessly wandering the aisles and making impulse purchases at my FLGS while waiting for it to close for my weekly after-hours Adventurer's League game.

GreyLord

Legend
Well, occasionally forums like this.

More often reading through various RPG books

OR

True theater of the Mind!!!

Solo play (yes, it is doable if you are of the right mind) even!

Also, I still read fiction based on D&D.

I suppose I should've included bumming around forums as well. That and getting various D&D symbols tattooed on me. But that's not exactly a daily pastime...

pogre

Legend
ENWorld and a few other forums
Campaign planning - map making, handouts, and writing
Miniature and terrain making and painting

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Every now and again I post on enworld. You know, once in a blue moon.

I listen to the odd actual play podcast. I can't say I've found one that I really like outside of Crit Juice, but that was a D&D 4e actual play.

Otherwise, I have to rely chiefly on the lonely fun of DM prep while away from the table.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
by imagining every person I meet or even get a glimpse in my life of has a race, a class and a personality flaw.

My Boss: Half-Orc Barbarian who never thinks they are wrong and doesn't understand that they have changed their mind back and forth three times in the last conversation.

Embarrassing colleague: Human Commoner who thinks they are a Bard with 22 Charisma but only has 06 and also because they believe it, they obviously have no insight so low stats all round.

Mavis however....Now the. Mavis is the 57 year old domestic cleaner for our work area and she has a secret...I'm going with Changeling Great Old One Warlock, but I could be wrong.

This is more fun if you have a friend to compare notes with.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Slumming it here, probably annoying people
Rewatching the cartoon series
Writing and creating supplements.
Rereading the 80s comics
Finding official D&D novels I hadn’t read yet and reading them

Remove ads