• Dough - sauce - toppings - cheese

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Dough - cheese - toppings - sauce

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Dough - toppings - cheese - sauce

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Dough - toppings - sauce - cheese

Votes: 1 2.0%

I got into a discussion with my spouse about the fact that the way she made homemade pizza was different from how I make homemade pizza in terms of the order in which we layered the three layers (toppings, cheese, tomato/pizza sauce) on the dough.

How do you prefer to layer, and why do you do it that way?

I'm reserving our answers (and traditional pizza names) to now skew the data.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I voted DSTC, but that's not entirely accurate. The pizzeria I worked at taught me that the proper way to stack a pie is:

Dough, Sauce, Half of the cheese, Toppings, the Remaining cheese.

Not sure about the "why," though. Something about making sure the toppings are embedded in the cheese layer?

MarkB

Legend
I voted DSTC, but that's not entirely accurate. The pizzeria I worked at taught me that the proper way to stack a pie is:

Not sure about the "why," though. Something about making sure the toppings are embedded in the cheese layer?
That's my preference, and for that reason. It holds together better after cooking.

Arnie_Wan_Kenobi

Aspiring Trickster Mentor

Yup, same. And I only worked in a pizza joint for two days (long story). I was 15-16. I wasn't smart enough to ask why.

R_J_K75

Legend
DSCT. Buffalos got great pizza. Theres a pizzeria and a bar on every other corner just about, Im not just saying that, there is. Theres a book about it if I can find it I'll post the link, it details what makes it unique.

Found it.

Buffalo Pizza recipe here, its gotta be Margherita pepperoni.

Last edited:

Remove ads