D&D General How do you like your ASIs?

What do you like to see in your character creation rules?

• Fixed ASI including possible negatives.

Votes: 27 19.9%
  • Fixed ASI without negatives.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Floating ASI with restrictions.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Floating ASI without restrictions.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • Some fixed and some floating ASI.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • No ASI

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other (feel free to describe)

Votes: 11 8.1%

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
For some reason the world comes together to mandate one very important rule that will permeate all societies for the endless future. Oddly, this declaration reflects how WotC is allowed to present character options during creation in their D&D game. There can only be ONE official method.

How does your faction vote?

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
No ASI, give thematic, generally useful features and some ribbons instead.

Give a little more space for magic items or consumables that increase stats.

Stats already start way too high to my taste and, let's be honest, the ''run to 20'' is more a short walk than an actual run. Maybe a sprint.

Lyxen

Great Old One
The option missing is STRONG racial ASIs, because honestly, a +2 or -2 is nothing. I would like heroic level racial ASIs, Runequest is way lower than D&D on the heroic scale, and they have racial stats from 2d6 to 3d6+6 on Int depending on the race, all playable, and the same on most other stats. And is that a problem ? No, because all these races are extremely different and fantastic, and are not just humans in funny hats.

Lyxen

Great Old One
No ASI, give thematic, generally useful features and some ribbons instead.

Stats already start way too high to my taste and, let's be honest, the ''run to 20'' is more a short walk than an actual run. Maybe a sprint.

It's a cakewalk, and there is no other race because after that it's all about these damn overpowered feats, and of course, the same few that everyone uses. What originality ! What inventivity ! What creativity !

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
It's a cakewalk, and there is no other race because after that it's all about these damn overpowered feats, and of course, the same few that everyone uses. What originality ! What inventivity ! What creativity !
Imagine: I dont use feat at my table. So most of the characters are already pushing 20s in different stats at about 10-12th level. After that, all ASIs from the class' progression seem a little wasted.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
If we still lived in a world where the default mode of play was troupe play and rolling stats in order was the most accepted form of ability score generation, then I’d be fine with different races having different dice codes for generating their abilities.

Scribe

Legend
Fixed, with possible negatives.

Fire This Is Fine GIF

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I am not actually a fan of ASI at character creation but if they are there would prefer floating ASI. I do not think that they add much to evocation of racial feature and prefer traits and other ribbon abilities for that. I would prefer to see ASI's removed from level up and prefer feats.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases