• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you think 4E will morph?

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Things I want:
More Powers
More Rituals
More Feats
More Classes
More Paragon Paths
Way More Epic Destinies

Abso-frickin-lutely agree. But also add in "more monsters..way more monsters" for me.

I'm not sure what's going to be in future DMGs....I can pretty much peg future PHBs and MMs but the DMG...no real clue.

Staffan

Legend
I'm not sure what's going to be in future DMGs....I can pretty much peg future PHBs and MMs but the DMG...no real clue.
I'm thinking future DMGs might be something akin to Unearthed Arcana, a collection of ways in which to bend and mutilate the game as well as what ramifications those mutilations might have.

Things I want:

More Powers
More Rituals
More Feats
More Classes
More Paragon Paths
Way More Epic Destinies

I hope they can keep power creep in check. I also hope they can manage it that a new class is not horribly inferior to the old classes because said new class hasn't had years of splat books to benefit it.

QFT

Luckily, entirely new Classes, Races, Powers, Rituals, Monsters, etc is one of the few things that the GSL explicitly allows ...unlike adventures which would be crippled due to the inability to reprint stat-blocks (hopefully WotC will come to its senses and backpedal on that decision)

Just like in Magic: the gathering, each set has to be "better" than the last so people will buy it. By "better" I mean More powerful.
By "Magic: the gathering" I assume you mean "most previous editions of (A)D&D". Certainly the case in 3E and 2E, and arguably in 1E with Unearthed Arcana.

Lord Xtheth

First Post
By "Magic: the gathering" I assume you mean "most previous editions of (A)D&D". Certainly the case in 3E and 2E, and arguably in 1E with Unearthed Arcana.
3E for sure. I don't realy recall 2E getting that overpowered, although it could just have been me being too young to realize it. Don't know about 1E.

Just going off of what I know.

As far as what I hope to see in 4E. Maybe an explosion of base classes, each with its own little feel to it. I don't know about anyone here, but when I've been DMing, I've noticed the differences in classes when they're being played.
Maybe Base classes will be the new prestige class. Paragon and epic tier will be the new options of what to do with them.
I see alot of potential of places to go with this edition. And yes, I do plan on making my own additions to the 3rd party input at some point.

Remove ads