Level Up (A5E) How does 5.5e/6e impact Level Up?

Waller

Legend
Neither was Paizo once upon a time:)

Paizo was a company of 40+ which published Dragon and Dungeon for them, was practically next door to them, and was owned by their ex-employees (one of whom was a multi-millionaire due to WotC stock after Hasbro bought it!) When WotC cancelled the magazines, Paizo kept the 60K+ subscriptions and switched them over to Pathfinder. Given all those advantages, it would have been impressive if they’d failed.
Paizo was never not on their radar. It’s a literal old boys club up there in Seattle (except fortunately it’s not just boys!)

EN Publishing has one full time employee, IIRC, about 5000 miles away from Seattle!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
He’s not wrong. I’m no Paizo! I do have a nice dog, though.

6A78C89E-4833-4BBC-8D1D-C5D6E503743D.jpeg

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Paizo was never not on their radar. It’s a literal old boys club up there in Seattle (except fortunately it’s not just boys!)
More like the private playground of Peter Adkinson's former right-hand woman... I mean Lisa Stevens was WotC's VP during the Magic launch, the one to do the inventory and internal auditory during the TSR acquisition, and the first in line to get the magazine licenses. Hardly a small player in the RPG business.

Last edited:

Remove ads