• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How does your warlord inspire you?

the Jester

Legend
There are some awesome examples in this thread.

The warlord in my campaign uses his inspiring word by saying things like, "Get up, soldier! The Empire needs you! You can't fall before these foes!" and things like that.

The party also has a long tradition of requiring him to cry, "GIT!" before taking their commander's strike attacks. So it would be, like, "Vann-La! Strike down that enemy of the Empire! GIT!!"

Storminator

First Post
There are some awesome examples in this thread.

The warlord in my campaign uses his inspiring word by saying things like, "Get up, soldier! The Empire needs you! You can't fall before these foes!" and things like that.

The party also has a long tradition of requiring him to cry, "GIT!" before taking their commander's strike attacks. So it would be, like, "Vann-La! Strike down that enemy of the Empire! GIT!!"

If Pseudonym (our Warlord) isn't quick enough with the Word, the rest of us fill in with a "suck it up princess!" You'd think it was a royal slumber party with all the princesses in our party...

PS

Vaslov

Explorer
Recently I used knight's move to let the brand new paladin mark somebody.
"Would you care to mark this gentleman?"
"Yeah!"
"Then please do."
(followed by commander's strike)
"Would you like to hit him as well?"
"Yeah!"
"Then please do."

Somebody commented afterwards that it was like I was asking him if he wanted tea. :)
-blarg

Ha! I've got this image of Alfred from the Batman series as a warlord now.

mlangsdorf

First Post
The joke for the longest time in your group was that my warlord doesn't really fight. He just stands there and delegates his fighting to the dwarf fighter.

I'm not really fond of the Mr. Shouty warlord, as it seems abusive to the other players. I like playing my character as a boxing coach: "He's vulnerable when he attacks! Strike him when he lifts his arm!" or just as a warrior whose actions set up his allies more than they do direct damage: "Miles stabs the ettercap in the eye. While its flinching away, Bas has a chance to get another swing in."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads