• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How hard to find oop books?

Prince Atom

Explorer
1st Edition Player's Handbook? I can toddle on in to McKay's Used Books & CDs in Knoxville, Tennessee and lay my hands on any number of 'em if I don't mind getting them slightly foxed. Sometimes their binding is coming apart, but that just means they've been well used.

Some things they don't tend to carry, like a lot of Rolemaster, or (for example) the Ruins of Undermountain boxed set (which has been on my mind a lot since I picked up Expedition to Undermountain there). I did manage to pick up the Planescape and Dark Sun boxed sets there, and I see the Forgotten Realms every so often, but I don't seem to want them as much as others.

So, 1st Edition AD&D PHB? Easy peasy. OD&D? That might take a while....

TWK

I'd say between ebay and nobleknight.com it's really easy to find stuff.

Some things are really cheap and some things are REALLY expensive.

But to find them? Not so hard.

Darkwolf71

First Post
I've never had a problem with ebay. All but a small handful of the 1 & 2e I bought there were in great shape. Those that were not, every one of them were part of bulk auctions that I bought more for the modules or other specific books.

If you have a Halfprice Books close by, they are a great source of OOP editions. At least around Houston. Of course, we have something like 20 of them around the city...

Remove ads