How long does your TTRPG gaming sessions usually last?

How long does your TTRPG gaming sessions usually last?

• 2 hours or less

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • 3 hours

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • 4 hours

Votes: 34 47.2%
  • 5 hours

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • 6 hours

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • 7 hours

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • 8 hours or more

Votes: 4 5.6%

atanakar

Hero
How long does your TTRPG gaming sessions usually last? This includes VTT games. You can make multiple votes.

My sessions usually last 4 hours. But lately they have gone down to 2.5 hours due to a complicated schedule.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
The usual game time has been saturday evening from 2pm forward. Normally ending somewhere between 7pm-11pm, depending on everyone’s schedule. This usually consists of about 6 hours of actual playing and few hours of just hanging with the group.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
I used to run with just a start time and no definitive end time... but once I ended up in a situation of trying to "sneak in" another session each weak and it was hard-limited to ending at a particular time because people involved had obligations like class and work and sleep before those, I noticed that session was consistently the most productive of all of them throughout the week - people showed up ready to focus on playing, got back to playing in less time when distractions arose, and were clearly trying to get the most out of their time because it was limited.

So I changed to scheduling 4 hour sessions and haven't regretted it yet (it's been working for years now). I do sometimes run less than that, but usually it's because the session didn't start on time and me stopping at the normally scheduled end time, or because some other activity has popped up at an unfortunate time.

Reynard

Legend
We play weekly on Fantasy Grounds and usually end up playing for about 3 hours. Our weekly IRL game actually averaged less because we kibitzed and such for longer before getting going usually.

5atbu

Explorer
I like 3 hours, drifting to 3.5.
However some of my friends fade out at 2.5
Online it seems to need to shorter, so 2.5 for me, 2 for others.
But.. at a con I can play 14 hours in 3 sessions with an hour in-between.
I just need power naps every three hours really, but I am in my mid fifties so that's ok.

My currently active game involves mostly 9-12 year olds over Zoom. I think we've only had one session last to the 2 hour mark.

With my previous adult group, the entire get-together could be as long as 6 hours. But gaming was probably only about 3ish.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases