How long does your TTRPG gaming sessions usually last?

How long does your TTRPG gaming sessions usually last?

• 2 hours or less

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • 3 hours

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • 4 hours

Votes: 34 47.2%
  • 5 hours

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • 6 hours

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • 7 hours

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • 8 hours or more

Votes: 4 5.6%

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
How long does your TTRPG gaming sessions usually last? This includes VTT games. You can make multiple votes.

My sessions usually last 4 hours. But lately they have gone down to 2.5 hours due to a complicated schedule.

4 hours f2f, 2-3 hours online. Except for the one game I am playing in, where GM wants to go 4 hours. By the end I'm exhausted. Fortunately it's on Friday nights...

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I voted based just on the sessions I GM: No less than three hours, no more than four; every-other Saturday and Wednesday (two different campaigns). I find that I get tired earlier running on Discord than in person, and/or it's easier to end early when everyone is already at home.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
It depends a lot on the game and circumstances. I play a lot of different games. Usually never less than 3 and never more than 5 hours.

R_J_K75

Legend
3 hours is about normal for us. Lately with the pandemic we were playing online but its not the same so we haven't played in a few weeks. We're looking to start playing in person again next week. Anything under three hours is a waste and anything over 4 is just too much these days. I would like to play an all-nighter once or twice a year but I doubt that'll happen.

pogre

Legend
We start at 2 PM and end at 6 PM every Sunday. I always start on time and usually finish 5 minutes before 6 PM to calculate experience.

A few years ago I began really pushing to get into the game on time with action. I had some folks driving a fair distance to game with us - so I felt obligated to cut-off the gabbing and socializing. I stop right at my end time for the same reason - people need to drive home. It's hard-baked into my campaign at this time, even though we are virtual. I always try to start with an encounter and end with a cliff-hanger.

Folks often stick around to talk afterwards, but that is their choice, and they are not imposing on anyone's gaming time.

R_J_K75

Legend
We start at 2 PM and end at 6 PM every Sunday. I always start on time and usually finish 5 minutes before 6 PM to calculate experience.

Im somewhat envious. We never start on time, usually break off into a few short side conversations and take a 5-10 minute break in the middle. We average about 3 hours a sessions but in reality its probably 2-1/2 hours of actual game time out of 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Unfortunately we may be losing yet another player due to work but the remaining group hopefully will start earlier and play later.

Remove ads