D&D 5E how many 5e supporters are upset about the possible $50 price tag

How did the price of $50 effect you?

I'm not sure how much of a joke that was, but in multi threads people have just assumed that people getting upset about a $50 phb are people already not interested. I was ready to buy, and was happy with the idea of 5e. I was going to fork out about $100 to run the game... but the idea of a $50 phb hit me pretty hard.

frogimus

First Post
If it is a classic PHB (1/3 of the core), a little indigestion. I have a suspicion that the "Essentials" model worked for them and this book might be a 1/2 or even 1/1 for a core game. Either way, its the first edition I've wanted to play since around 1985. They'll get my $50.

HardcoreDandDGirl

First Post
If it is a classic PHB (1/3 of the core), a little indigestion. I have a suspicion that the "Essentials" model worked for them and this book might be a 1/2 or even 1/1 for a core game. Either way, its the first edition I've wanted to play since around 1985. They'll get my $50.

If the PHB has a set up like Heroes of books, and the DMG has a set up where it has monsters in it... both will get my $50... but if it's 'just' a PHB I may look for the secondary market after some rage quites...

Remove ads