• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many books did you buy after the three core books?

How many books or other products from WotC did you buy after the three core 4E books?

Votes: 83 35.0%

Votes: 9 3.8%

Votes: 18 7.6%

Votes: 24 10.1%

Votes: 12 5.1%

Votes: 8 3.4%

Votes: 7 3.0%

Votes: 9 3.8%

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 9+

Votes: 60 25.3%

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
Currently, I own four books beyond the core three:

FR Players
FR Campaign
Adventurer's Vault
Martial Powers-thingy. I don't have my books with me at the moment and I'm blanking on exact titiesl

Along with all the goodies being a subscriber to DDI.

[edit] I feel like the Monty Python Spanish Inquisition.

Actually, I have 5 if you count the DM screen.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
I have the heroic tier adventure modules, a few newer sets of Dungeon Tiles, the screen and D&DI. Beyond the usefulness in my campaign (I've used each book invaluably), I like to see what Wizards is doing, the new kinds of mechanics, etc. I'm a designer, and I'm always looking for inspiration.

I'm pretty much in the same boat except that I didn't get Open Grave. Still debating on that one...

Belorin

Explorer
Definitely 9+

Adventurer’s Vault
Character Record Sheets
DDi subscription
Draconomicon 1: Chromatic Dragons
Dragon Magazine
Dungeon Magazine
Dungeon Master’s Guide
Dungeon Master’s Screen
Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide
Forgotten Realms Player’s Guide
FR1 Scepter Tower of Spellgard (2-4)
H1 Keep on the Shadowfell (1-3)
H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth (4-6)
H3 Pyramid of Shadows (7-10)
Manual of the Planes
Martial Power
Monster Manual
Open Grave
P1 King of the Trollhaunt Warrens (11-13)
P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave (14-17)
Player’s Handbook
Treasure of Talon Pass (2-4)

Yup, more than 9.

Bel

Burrito Al Pastor

First Post
Criminy, I didn't think there were nine 4e products out yet. Then again, I learned my lesson re: modules with Keep on the Shadowfell, and I wouldn't consider DDI to be three... which is why I should have read the thread before I voted. One of those "threes" should be a "five".

I bought Keep on the Shadowfell, as mentioned, and Adventurer's Vault because the content is so dense for something like that, but for all the other stuff I'm just getting it off the D&D compendium.

evilgenius8000

First Post
Not counting dungeon tiles, I've bought 5 official books and one 3rd party book.

- Adventurer's Vault
- Martial Power
- FRPG
- FRCG
- Scepter Tower of Spellguard

3PP: Quintessential Wizard

Soon, I am probably going to be buying the PHB 2.

drothgery

First Post
7, though just over half of that was SWSE stuff, not D&D stuff (the question said WotC books, not 4e books).

FRPG, Martial Power, and Adventurer's Vault for D&D
KotOR Campaign Guide, Scum and Villiany, Force Unleashed Campaign Guide, and Clone Wars Campaign Guide for Star Wars Saga

legiondevil

First Post
9+ here as well, with all actual books and adventurers available for pre-order already set up. Which means Dungeon Delve, PhB2, and P3 will be arriving next month.

Adventurer's Vault
DMG
Draconomicon 1
FRCS
FRPG
Martial Power
Manual of the Planes
MM1
Open Grave
FR1, H1, H2, H3, P1, P2

glass

(he, him)
Zero beyond the core book so far. We still haven't wrapped our 3E campaign.
I voted 2, although I actually got them for Christmas so I didn't technically buy them myself. I would probably have bought more, but like you I still have a 3.x campaign to finish (we just restarted last week after a hiatus, actually: The Age of Worms cometh!)

glass.

Remove ads