D&D General How many D&D groups are you currently in?

How many D&D groups are you currently in?

Votes: 7 7.0%

Votes: 35 35.0%

Votes: 28 28.0%

Votes: 19 19.0%

Votes: 5 5.0%

Votes: 4 4.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 11 or more are you kidding?

Votes: 1 1.0%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Promoted by another thread where most people seemed to be in about 14 different simultaneous D&D groups. How about you?

I did get up to being in 7 different games at one point this year.
Covid's push to online gaming had a big part in this. Last year I didn't play at all.

Currently:

Thursday nights we alternate between 2 DM's
Sunday nights in a different group we were alternating between 3 different DM's (although I recently had to pull out of the game I was running so it's bakc to 2 game as well)

Once every couple of months I'll run a game for a few friends at my house.

I've recently started a game with some co-workers online every 2nd Friday, although this game is only meant to be the adventure and then it's going to finish up.

werecorpse

Adventurer
I said 3 but there is quite a lot of common players across the groups. I play in games with 5, 7 & 9 people but a total of 12 different people make up these groups, 7 of them play in 2 or more of the 3 groups.

akr71

Hero
I voted 2. I DM for my family and I also DM for a group of friends. However, that group sometimes switches out DM so I get to play - when that happens we tend to focus on one-shots, and try different games but we do have a group of characters we tend to gravitate back to for the other DM.

So, I dunno, maybe that counts as 3 groups.

Richards

Legend
Before we went on COVID hiatus, I DMed for a group of five players, but the six of us also were concurrently going through another campaign ran by my son. (So he's one of my players and I'm one of his.) Given it's the same six people, I guess my answer is two concurrent campaigns but only one gaming group.

Johnathan

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I voted 6, but 5 of those are play-by-post here on this forum. Never quite sure if they count; yes, they are D&D groups, but no, we don't get together at the same time (online or face-to-face).

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Sadly I had to put 0 as I’m between games, trying to get a solo game started but it hasn’t yet. Not wanting to try and get a bigger table going until after covid, as I already spend all day in front of a computer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases