D&D General How many D&D groups are you currently in?

How many D&D groups are you currently in?

Votes: 7 7.0%

Votes: 35 35.0%

Votes: 28 28.0%

Votes: 19 19.0%

Votes: 5 5.0%

Votes: 4 4.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 11 or more are you kidding?

Votes: 1 1.0%

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Promoted by another thread where most people seemed to be in about 14 different simultaneous D&D groups. How about you?
1, we run two campaigns so a DM can get a break. I'm running a Greyhawk game using OSE and playing in a 5E game. Wed night is game night. Honestly that is enough D&D for me. My other hobby time is mini painting.

jgsugden

Legend
I put 3, but technically four with one on hiatus.
1.) Weekly Monday Night Game.
2.) Periodic Ad hoc game.
3.) Every other week Sunday game.

There is another game underway, but it went on hiatus when the Pandemic hit, and I have not talked to anyone in it in 6 months, so....

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Currently in five, but two of those meet only once per month-to-six-weeks and another one is a temporary extra thing to keep a member's teenage daughter entertained while she can't do school stuff. So actual plays per week is usually three.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
1 or 3.

1 is 5e - a new online game with people I met on discord. It's still very new, not sure how this is going to last.

Why "or 3"? My other groups - which are much more stable, I've known these people for years - are laying D&D "adjacent" systems. One (which I'm running) is the GLOG, the other (I'm a player) is with Pathfinder 1e, playing the excellent Zeitgest campaign.

So I don't know how to answer your poll @Morrus

G

Guest User

I'm a participant in 3 games at the moment. We live in the Platinum Age of gaming....unfortunately it comes with a side of plague and non-ripened Honeydew Melon.

If Pathfinder counts, I'm in 3 groups (although with some overlap of players). If Pathfinder doesn't count, I haven't been in a D&D group since 2010.

Argyle King

Legend
Oddly, I find that I'm joining more groups but playing less D&D.

Even the group which has traditionally been D&D-centric has started to play other things more often. (Their current game being FFG Star Wars.)

the Jester

Legend
Depends on what you mean by different groups. I'm running seven different groups of characters in my D&D game, but all of them have significant player overlap- there are only four players unique to one group. I also play in two groups; even given that all of the players and the DM of one of them are players in my games, I would count that as a different group than the one I DM. So depending on how you count, either ten, or three, or something in between.

I'm going to split the difference- there are essentially, sort of, 3 groups of players in my various games, so I'll say I am in 5 groups.

Remove ads