How many elves are too many elves?

Does D&D (5e) Need MOAR Elves?

• No. It needs less elves. Like 1. Or 0.

Votes: 36 34.0%
  • 5e currently has the exact right number of elves.

Votes: 32 30.2%
  • Sure, 5e could use some more elves.

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • I want an elf for every star in the sky!

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • What is this 'D&D' you speak of? Sounds dangerous, and elf-y.

Votes: 6 5.7%

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
So, you're saying they're Elvish Impersonators?

48622_1.jpg

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
How many elves are too many elves?

Are people that hate elves whining about there being too many elves? If no, not enough elves. If yes, still not enough elves. :D

superstition

First Post
There can be as much diversity in elf types, as NPCs, as desired by the GM and players.

My preference as a GM and player is to not have any elf PCs.

Elves should be exotic and not living in human settlements. They are too far-removed from the dynamics of human life (like human mortality) to be credible enough as PCs for RP.

Yaarel

He Mage
If it was easy to customize the ability score improvements and the features, then there would only need to be one elf writeup. For example, use half-elf ability score improvements, or use +2 to any ability score. Then choose an elf feat. Done.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
If it was easy to customize the ability score improvements and the features, then there would only need to be one elf writeup. For example, use half-elf ability score improvements, or use +2 to any ability score. Then choose an elf feat. Done.

This is almost exactly what I do in my setting, with Elves having the +2 Charisma and Half-Elves getting a +2 Wisdom instead.

Each of the three sub-races only gets one racial trait to differentiate them from each other.
Dark and High Elves both gain bonus spells, while Sea Elves get improved damage dice when they wield a trident.

Last edited:

Remove ads