• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many fantasy worlds are there anyways? Post one.

Voadam

Legend
101 Bluffside 2001. A city setting similar to Freeport designed to be inserted into other settings but has its own gods and such. Originally 3.0 OGL but also has a Castles and Crusades version. The city is based on an adamantium mine from an old asteroid strike.

Voadam

Legend
102 Deadlands 1996. A weird west setting with hex throwing poker players, undead gunslingers, blessed brimstone preachers, ghost rock powered mad scientists, mystical Indian shamen, monsters, and such. Savage Worlds multiple editions but also d20 and GURPS RPG versions.

kronovan

Adventurer
103 Dread Sea Dominions: setting for the Sword & Sorcery P'nP Beasts & Barbarians (GRAmel, 2011)

104 Konoyo: setting for the historical-fantasy Iron Dynasty P'nP (Reality Blurs LLC, 2010)

105 Tamriel: setting for the Elder Scrolls, a RPG videogame series, a TT miniatures game (Call to Arms) and fan-adapted to numerous P'nPs (Bethesda Softworks, 1994)

106 Thennla: setting for the Mythras P'nP (The Design Mechanism, 2014)

Last edited:

JEB

Legend
105 Tamriel: setting for the Elder Scrolls, a RPG videogame series, a TT miniatures game (Call to Arms) and fan-adapted to numerous P'nPs (Bethesda Softworks, 1994)
Point of order: does Tamriel appear in any official tabletop RPG products, or just a miniatures game and fan works?

Point of order: does Tamriel appear in any official tabletop RPG products, or just a miniatures game and fan works?
I guess this would technically count...

o_O

kronovan

Adventurer
I just through it out there because many GMs have adapted it to tabletop for their favorite P'nP and many players have enjoyed playing in those. As Tiwggly mentioned, an adventure was developed by Bethesda for D&D 5e, but it got pulled. I helped my son run a campaign with Will Herrmann's terrific adaptation of the setting for Savage Worlds, and it's one of the best fan-made adaptations I've ever read. In terms of a world to adventure in on the tabletop, Tamriel has IMO the best canon of lore for any world-setting that originated as a videogame and is very suitable for long-term tabletop campaigning. I say that despite being a big fan of Dragon Age and having GM'd 2 campaigns with the official DA P'nP.

If the OP doesn't wan't to include Tamriel in the list, that's cool.

And while I'm mentioning Dragon Age, there's are number 106. ;)

106 Thedas, the continental setting for the Dragon Age series (Green Ronin Publishing, 2010)

Last edited:

Guang

Explorer
107 The Kingdom of Talingarde from The Way of the Wicked evil campaign by Gary McBride, Fire Mountain Games (2011). It is the noblest, most virtuous, and peaceful kingdom in history. The PCs will attempt to take it apart piece by piece and destroy it, in the name of Asmodeus.
Throne of Night, an unfinished adventure path (2013), by the same author, seems to take place in the same setting - although as it takes place almost entirely underground (in the Azathyr), it's difficult to be sure. The PCs are either Dwarves trying to find and restore their fallen kingdom, or Drow in another evil campaign, but this time in the underdark. In either case, allies must be found (or the weak conquered, depending on your party), and your fledgling kingdom expanded and defended as you explore and meet new underdark peoples. Both a normal campaign style and an evil campaign are supported.

Note: the author stopped communicating with his backers years ago, and seemed to drop off the face of the earth, never finishing the Throne of Night adventure path and never fulfilling his kickstarter obligations. Too bad, really - I was ready to purchase anything he put out for his underground Dwarf (or Drow) kingdom.

Guang

Explorer
108 Cerulean Seas - Undersea Campaign Setting by Alluria Publishing (2010).
The world was flooded, the once-common fantasy races are no more, and you play as merfolk, or other underwater races. Several supplements and a bestiary have been released.

Hopefully they'll do a world map and an adventure path next.

Guang

Explorer
109 The Lost Lands Frog God Games and Necromancer Games. Around 2000.

They took their huge back catalogue of site-based and region-based adventures, everything they had the rights to (with a few exceptions), and assembled and connected it all together into a world.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
The Unnamed Continent. First featured in Bungie's series of Myth fantasy tactics games on the PC and, later, receiving the GURPS treatment by Steve Jackson Games.

Remove ads