How many fantasy worlds are there anyways? Post one.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
42 MARS - John Carter of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs in 1911. Role-playing Game produced by Modiphius. Has a mix of tech thrown in but possible the hero that started the superheroes and fantasy genre as we know it today.

43. Nentir Vale (2008)

For all the complaints about 4e, I really liked their sandbox for the default settings. You can see its inspirations from both previous editions and the scarred lands. Plus the use of the "points of light" as a basis really hit home on what a good adventuring world should be.

Last edited:

Hex08

Hero
45. Ptolus. Malhavoc Press (2002) This was the setting for Monte Cook's home campaign and published for D&D 3.x. It has been redone for D&D 5E and the Cyher System. I was given the original for 3E as a gift and have only ever read parts of it, it is a HUGE book. It was cool and I mined it for ideas.

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
47. Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG), Rite Publishing (2010 - 2017). This is my homebrew creation and development, published as an imprint under Rite Publishing. It included a Gamemasters Guide, Players Guide, 3 full intro modules: The Curse of the Golden Spear: The Gift, Dim Spirit and Dark Path, 3 race guides, 2 class/faction guides, a haunts guide, and 4 one-shot modules. Feudal Japanese horror is it's genre.

Remove ads