How Many GMs Run Multiple Games?

How many regularly meeting games are you running?

• Running no games regularly

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Running 1 game

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • Running 2 games

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Running 3 games

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Running 4 games

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Running 5 or more games

Votes: 2 2.4%

TheDelphian

Explorer
I am running two games both home brew rules systems.

Both are fantasy with one having a loose rules set with better written seventh sea rules, and the other a fantasy game that is very 80's rule intensive but not as pedantic, just rules heavy.

I have at one time run a D&D 5e game on Monday, Tuesday seventh sea 1st ed, wed a just getting to 20th level 5th ed game, thursday a homebrew 5th edition Gamma world game which i posted here. I am sure I couldn't do it for long (6 months or more) but before that I had run 2 in the same week without issue.

Randomthoughts

Adventurer
Chose 1 game, assuming you implied "regularly" like you did with the first choice. Otherwise, I've ran one shots on off-days, given the convenience of online gaming/VTTs. And the Alien RPG just came out for FG....mwhahahaha

der_kluge

Adventurer
I play PbP over at Myth-Weavers. I play in 4? games - 3 5e, 1 Pathfinder (which can be confusing), and I run one campaign, and just started another that's really just a test game to try out some combat scenarios. So, that one doesn't really require any prep. But I said "2". I am thinking about advertising for another full-length campaign that I've been working on. That will make my schedule pretty full if I do that.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I'm running two 5E campaigns, both meeting biweekly. There is some overlap in players, but the parties are at different places and times, doing different things. There are stretches of thinking about the campaigns and stretches of writing things up/down.

Last edited:

Puddles

Adventurer
I DM 1 campaign of 5e, usually one session every 2 weeks. I would certainly struggle to run more than 1 campaign. Actually, I would struggle to run this one weekly. Maybe it’s my inexperience, or maybe it’s because I like to do a lot of homebrew/planning/ things like map drawing, but I already devote a lot of free time preparing for this campaign.

Remove ads