• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

how many homages to original cover to 1st ed AD&D phb?

Staffan

Legend
JoeBlank said:
Not a picture homage, but a theme homage:

In PirateCat's Of Sound Mind module there is a statue with tempting-looking gem eyes, and consequences if the PCs give in to temptation.
Spoiler:
Killed one of my PCs, it did. He climbed up and started prying an eye out, which activated the statue. The statue proceeded to smack the would-be thief, knocking him unconscious, and then he got killed by the fall. After they noticed what was behind the statue, the player said "First time I ever got killed by a door."

Last edited:

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
I assume HackMaster is so obvious that it hasn't been mentioned? :) [edit: oh, except for Possum's]

Heck, almost every cover is an homage to some TSR D&D cover in one way or another.

Attachments

• hm_playershandbook.jpeg
    hm_playershandbook.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 59

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
There is a pre-scene homage in an Arcanis book...

I think it is Ssethregore, the Serpent Empire sourcebook. It shows the Ssethregorans (lizard-folk things,more like Yuan-Ti) entering the room with the idol and the eyes... before the party shows up and hacks them up.

Remove ads