D&D General How many hours of D&D would you say you have played in your entire life?

Yora

Legend
It's fascinating that we just got data that 80% of visitors to Enworld are under 35, but it seems this thread is entirely people older than that.

Fanaelialae

Legend
It's fascinating that we just got data that 80% of visitors to Enworld are under 35, but it seems this thread is entirely people older than that.
I think a lot of posters are on the older side (I'm 40). I firsted visited ENWorld back in my mid 20s, but I didn't post until quite a few years later. Which is not to say that there aren't any young people who post, just that from what I've seen, the majority of regular posters are on the older side.

The younger folks could be coming in to look for a rules answer (because a thread popped up when they Googled the question) or to check the news. I think Morrus actually said a while back that most people who visit the site don't post on the forum, or something along those lines.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Hours.png

That's since September of 2012. And does not count in-person games.

"A lot. But not enough" remains my answer.

That's about a half a year of TTRPGs. Roughly 11 hours a week over 8 years spent playing D&D and other games on Roll20. Plus in-person games.

Last edited:

wedgeski

Adventurer
Oh boy. 37 years. Two or three lunchtimes a week and most Saturday afternoons while at school. Twice a week at university. A long gap mid-life gap where it was one full weekend every two to three months. About once a fortnight for 3E, and once a week for all editions since then with some small gaps in the order of a month or two.

There's a reason I never type '/played' into the WoW console!

Remove ads