How Many Minis Do You Have?

How Many Minis Do You Have?

GreyLord

Legend
I have no idea.

I never actually counted, not even from the beginning.

I have several boxes of them, and a few boxes of large or gigantic miniatures as well. Probably hundreds...but truthfully...I haven't the faintest.

Enough to be intimidated just by the thought of counting them all to actually know how many there are.

R_J_K75

Legend
I probably have ~200 random ones left of what was once a collection of Ral Partha, Reaper, WotC 3,x & Star Wars minis which numbered in the 1000's most likely. I ended up selling most of it, needed money, didn't use them and they were a PITA to store and organize and sometimes took forever searching for something particular. Few people I play with still buy them regularly but I just buy one or two here and there for my PCs. I prefer playing TotME these days and dont like the game to tactical where I have to meticulously count squares on a grid, I like using battle mats only for big, important encounters only.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Hundreds of the prepainted ones. A large collection of multiple poses and groups of like creature for gaming: goblins, giants, devils etc.

I started paying Star Wars legion minis and have lots of troops and vehicles.

It’s a second hobby with collecting bigger than painting

MGibster

Legend
I have somewhere between 300-500 miniature sand most of them are painted. I use these for a lot of the games I play/run including D&D, Savage Worlds, Star Wars, and various others. In 2020, I took the plunge and purchased an airbrush. This model below was the very first model I ever airbrushed.

Airbrush.JPG

This Cthulhu, also Reaper Bones, is one of my latest projects which I finish last month.
Cthulu_3.JPG

This is a giant from Warhammer Age of Sigmar. No airbrush here, I bought this dude so I could practice my brushwork and skin tones.
Giant_Done.JPG

aco175

Legend
At present I seem to have only a dozen or so. Not sure where all the ones from my teen years went. My brother has most of what we play with in the hundreds and a few binders of cardboard ones. My son has a good collection by now with about 100.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I never counted, but 1000+ is the only reasonable estimate I can give, considering the starting date of my collection (sometime in 1977) and the sheer volume they occupy. I have a 6’+ tall tower of Sterlite stackable drawers full of plastic minis from a variety of makers. There’s a couple dozen grey Chessex minis boxes- as I recall, 6 at least for Chainmail minis alone. Then there’s a few tubs full in the attic.

And I’m not counting the Dwarven Forge and other support/setting stuff.

aramis erak

Legend
I har a hundred or so, but none are for RPGing. I''ve a couple sets of original Epic Scale Warhammer games, and some space hulk, bloodbowl, and necromunda ones that came in the boxes,

I far prefer pogs or cubes or meeples for RPG use.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I don't know. When I got back into the game I bought a bunch of minis, starting with WizKids prepainted bricks, discount bins at my FLGS, and a Bones Kickstarter. I had good intentions for painting, but didn't have the time to paint more than a few. Then COVID and a new job and travel made me to an online game. So I have hundreds of minis stuffed on shelves and in closets, many of which have not even been unpacked.

But more than minis, I had bought a Silhouette paper cutter and a bunch of slotted bases and created whole armies of color-printed, card stock 2d minis, and backed a kickstarter for plastic 2d minis and slotted based. If I count those, well over two thousand. All packed away for some future date...

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Speaking of cardstock minis, does anyone have any recommendations for where to get them in bulk? I have a bunch of M&M cardstock minis which is starting to loom large in my what am I running queue.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases