How Many More GMs?

The_Universe

First Post
How many more GMs (if any) do we need? I know we have open spots in a couple of games, but I also want to make sure we're not preventing people from registering because we don't appear to have enough player slots.

So - Do we need more GMs? How many?

madwabbit

First Post
That's a good question. Limited space and the two-session time-frame are the constraints, but you're correct in pointing out that new folks coming in might not find open slots for getting their gamin' freak on.

We've got a pretty kick-ass variety so far, with regard to multiple settings and game systems: Deadlands, HEX, GrimTales, Dread, Spycraft, Delta Green, Spirit of the Century, and now Shock -- and several of these are already booked out. Hell, I want to clone myself so I can be at just about every one of these!

In re: new folks, I wasn't sure if we were still keeping this low-key or not with regard to promoting. I posted a link to the DC Gameday website in my DC indie gaming LiveJournal community, read by a total of FOUR folks (look out, EN World! :)), and that brought in Daniel (dikaiosunh) and might bring in one or two others. I also mentioned the event to Fred Hicks (evilhat, SotC author) just after GenCon, and I assume either he or you folks got the word out to his partner-in-crime Rob Donoghue (rdonoghue, another SotC author, who registered last night).

Therefore, I'm willing to bet we'll see a small rush of folks trickle in over the next few days -- and I apologize if I jumped the gun on that.

My experience shows that there will probably be no-shows on the day itself as well as last-minute walk-ins ("hey, I brought my friend who I just told about this last night... is it ok if...?") -- usually these will serendipitously balance each other out. But if more folks will likely be registering, we have three sessions open as of today, and if the new folks aren't interested in Spycraft, Delta Green, or Spirit of the Century, they're out of luck. :D

So yeah, if we can find folks to run stuff, we could probably use some more GMs with cool events on the schedule. I can definitely scare up another person to run a HEX event, and possibly one other to run something indie -- I'll wait to hear what everyone else has to say before I cause the body count here to increase any further... :lol:

--tom

I'm not concerned with keeping it low-key as I am with keeping it 'registered guests only'. This isn't a public venue, and I really don't want people just showing up and hanging out. Consider this space my living room :)

The GM/Players thing is always chicken and egg. GMs don't want to run a game if they don't think they'll get players, and they're afraid if they post something and no one signs up, it'll be too late to get into something else.

madwabbit

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I'm not concerned with keeping it low-key as I am with keeping it 'registered guests only'. This isn't a public venue, and I really don't want people just showing up and hanging out. Consider this space my living room :)

Duly noted. No one I know would be coming without registering/participating, and that's how I've styled it in any announcement I've made.

The GM/Players thing is always chicken and egg. GMs don't want to run a game if they don't think they'll get players, and they're afraid if they post something and no one signs up, it'll be too late to get into something else.

True dat. A dilemma indeed, although there's plenty of time twixt now and then for a GM to set an event and generate buzz for folks to notice and choose it.

--tom

MIB 1473

First Post
I'm thinking about running a game, but I can't decide whether I should go for a morning slot or an afternoon slot until I have a better sense of the other games being offered.

Rystil Arden

First Post
As I mentioned over at CM, I'm thinking of coming if people would like me to come, and if I come, I could run a game if there were available players, but it looks like most of the people I know who will be there are already booked, so I don't know if there will be any available players.

The_Universe

First Post
MIB 1473 said:
I'm thinking about running a game, but I can't decide whether I should go for a morning slot or an afternoon slot until I have a better sense of the other games being offered.
All the games currently being offered are listed on this forum, both on the "master game schedule" and individuals threads dedicated to them. As of yet, there are no "stealth games"...at least, not as far as I know. ;) If you'd like to run a game, pick a time that works for you and post it. More games will bring more players, which will bring more games, etc.

Rystil Arden said:
As I mentioned over at CM, I'm thinking of coming if people would like me to come, and if I come, I could run a game if there were available players, but it looks like most of the people I know who will be there are already booked, so I don't know if there will be any available players.
Lacking for positive reinforcement, eh? It's like my life has been leading up to the moment that you attend the DC Gameday. My soul would be crushed if the day arrives and you are absent.

That may be a slight exaggeration. Come on down! :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
The Universe said:
Lacking for positive reinforcement, eh?

Heh, sort of--if you look on the CM thread and compare the reactions to everyone else who said they were thinking of coming to me, you can see why ;)

But Maryland is my home state, and so it is relatively easy for me to come down because I can just get an Airtran flight (usually about $30 each way), stay with my folks and then drive down to D.C. Speaking of which, how is the parking situation?

The_Universe

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Heh, sort of--if you look on the CM thread and compare the reactions to everyone else who said they were thinking of coming to me, you can see why ;)

But Maryland is my home state, and so it is relatively easy for me to come down because I can just get an Airtran flight (usually about $30 each way), stay with my folks and then drive down to D.C. Speaking of which, how is the parking situation?
No idea about the parking situation. I need to ask Rodrigo about that and get that and the hotel information up on the website.

Cassander said:
Just in case anyone was looking for a D&D game, I've posted one for the afternoon slot. Hope that's ok.
Glad to hear it!

Remove ads