How many potions can your PCs carry?

Omegium

First Post
I have always imagined potions like small vials, like the shampoo you get at hotels. And I think a steel (or other metal) potion isn't that strange I think. And I think the common potion is not made of glass, since glass is difficult to produce. Glass things were very rare until far after the medival ages. Clay or metal is much more common I think.

MythandLore

First Post
You can carry as many potions as you want.
They are very light, and very small.
Items like Masterwork Bandoleers (1lb. 50gp) let you hold 12 small items at a time i.e. daggers at a time (potions are diminutive of fine in size much smaller, so you could probably hold like 36 poitions easy that way).
And 16 poitions = 1 pound so weight should not be much of a problem.
Another thing you "could" do is have a large flask, wineskin, etc. and fill it with mulitple uses of the same potion.

Bystander said:
Are drinking potions considered free actions?
My DM considers it standard, and offers aao's.
They are standard actions that prevoke AoO.
Look at Page 190 in the DMG for more info.
They are describled as one once vials, 1 inch wide 2 inches long.
Very small.

Omegium said:
I have always imagined potions like small vials, like the shampoo you get at hotels.
That's a good way to think of it.
Cool idea ;)

Ferox4

First Post
Re: Heh

bleedthefreak said:
Don't forget about master alchemists, who can make potions of any spell level, now you would have to worry about potoins of stoneskin (yum!) or potions of ghost form or iron body. Ah... that would ROCK!!

Hey, bleedthefreak (or anyone who knows), where is this referenced in the core books? I was wondering if there were ways to make higher level potions.

MythandLore

First Post
Re: Re: Heh

Ferox4 said:

Hey, bleedthefreak (or anyone who knows), where is this referenced in the core books? I was wondering if there were ways to make higher level potions.
Master Alchemists p.34 Magic of Faerun.
It's a class ability.

Ferox4

First Post
kreynolds said:
It's a really good book and well worth the money. You should check it out the next time you're in a comic shop or something.

I certainly will. However, I must admit that I was quite displeased with the 3e FR camapign book. It just seemed that there was so little there for such a large book. Then again, perhaps it's just my expectations...? Thanks for the endorsement, it will get my nose into that book. F4

Remove ads