How many sessions did you game this year?

jasper

Rotten DM
Let call a session 2 hours. Either online or off line. I did more than I thought. But before the lockdown, I was running at cons.
I did 68 sessions.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Before the pandemic I was usually playing once or twice a week between running and playing various games. After more like 2-3 a week. About 150 sounds right.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Well, since we play 2 times every (Fridays & Sundays) second weekend, and then subtracting a few random days here and there, say 50 sessions (1 in average per week). Most have been online. and our sessions last much longer than 2 hours. The Friday sessions 3.5 to 4.5 hours, and the Sunday ones 8 hours wiht a 1-1.5 hour food-break...

Last edited:

Looks like 49 weekly sessions, averaging close to 5 hours each.

I don't recall ever playing (since '79) a session less than three hours unless it was interrupted by an outside event.

Last edited:

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Despite Covid-19 and some problems playing on line I played :

• D&D 5e, 5 games (GM)
  • The Dark Eye 4, 5 games (player)
  • Modern AGE, 6 games (GM)
  • 40K Wrath & Glory, 2 games (player)
  • Fantasy AGE, 4 games (GM)
  • L5R (FFG), 4 games (player).

Solo Games:
  • Romance of the Perilous Lands, 4 games
  • Star Frontiers, 1 game
  • Fantasy AGE, 4 games.
  • Old School Essentials, 4 games.

10 different RPGs and 39 games so far. Very happy to have been a player for several games. Switching to Theatre of the Mind instead of grid play was the solution for me. Far less fatigue during and after the VTT games. We used Skype and Googlemeet.

I don't recall playing as many games since high school in the early 80s..!

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic

Yes. Three. Average 4-6 hours per session. Which amounts to anything from 2-4 hours of actual play.

We were on a hiatus from LAST year's holiday season (for folks traveling, etc...) and then, before we got back into a regular swing "the "Rona" hit.

They were early fall. Outside. Distanced. We are in the northeast (of the U.S.), so weather became a factor. Just in time, I suppose, since not long after, numbers started skyrocketing all over the country (again! Effing morons.).

Now, we're all waiting for vaccine and/or spring to come around again to be warm enough to be outside again. Everyone in the group misses it. But that's the only responsible thing to do given the world we are currently living through.

Last edited:

aco175

Legend
I average 1/week and several weeks being cancelled for some reason. The local convention was cancelled this year and next is online only, so we will not be playing that one as well.

Remove ads