How much for just karma?

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
How much would a strand of prayer beads with just a bead of karma cost?

By what is written below, it looks like 25,800 - 16,800 - 9000 = 0 gp :uhoh:

A strand of prayer beads has a bead of healing, a bead of karma, and a bead of smiting.

...Reduce the price of a strand of prayer beads that is missing one or more beads by the following amounts: bead of healing –9,000 gp,, bead of karma –20,000 gp, bead of smiting –16,800 gp...

Faint, moderate or strong (many schools);Price 25,800 gp (standard)

Last edited:

Zamtap

First Post
I suggest add the 3 components up to get price x
then take the original price y
price z is the price of the bead
(y/x) * z is what i'd suggest as a preportion of the value of the item provided by the bead of whichever
my priest of Gond without a domain of law chaos etc. used this calculation to create a strand of prayer beads with out the smiting bead as he was without the 4th level aligned spell(s) for the bead of smiting

But there is nothing in the rules other than the values given to determine this but I'm sure that the two beads without the bead of karma come to the value of the necklace...
yep they do the bead of healing at 9000, with the bead of smiting at 16800 and the strand at 25800

Zamtap

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
The prices are wrong. These are correct:

Price 9,600 gp (lesser), 45,800 gp (standard), 95,800 gp (greater).

Bye
Thanee

P.S. You mixed up bead of blessing and bead of healing above. ;)

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
Is that price in the eratta? We just found one of those strands are about to sell it for book value so it's pretty important to figure it out :confused:

EDIT: I could not find it in the current eratta.

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Technically speaking, there is a long-standing argument over the meaning of the text that states that beads separated from the others lose their function - it may be impossible to have just the bead of karma, depending on your DM's interpretation.

Remove ads