• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How much PC die in your campaign in average ?

MoonZar

Explorer
Hello,

I want to consult the dm community to know how much PC die in average in your campaign ?

For example how much PC die in 10 sessions of game in your campaign ?

In average one players die each 15 sessions when i'm dming the campaign. My session are in average 6-7 hours of play.

MoonZar

Last edited:

Cerubus Dark

First Post
MoonZar said:
Hello,

I want to consult the dm community to know how much PC die in average in your campaign ?

For example how much PC die in 10 sessions of game in your campaign ?

In average one players die each 15 sessions when i'm dming the campaign. My session are in average 6-7 hours of play.

MoonZar
I tend to lose 1 Pc every 3 sessions, and its always the same three players doing something stupid.

1 of the deaths in this run wsa caused by another player drowing a grimlen pc though, that was funny.

MoonZar

Explorer
Cerubus Dark said:
I tend to lose 1 Pc every 3 sessions, and its always the same three players doing something stupid.

1 of the deaths in this run wsa caused by another player drowing a grimlen pc though, that was funny.

hehehe maybe my situation is not that much a shame...

This very painful when players cause death of each other lol :) i guess you should take it with a laught.

Wombat

First Post
I lose more PCs to players wanting to try a new type of character than to character deaths. OTOH, I tend to lose 1 PC to death about every 5-6 sessions.

I had one player who I had to have sign The Pledge: "I will not bring in another new character until my current character dies" -- he had, in the space of four sessions, run three different characters, never due to death.

MoonZar

Explorer
Wombat said:
I lose more PCs to players wanting to try a new type of character than to character deaths. OTOH, I tend to lose 1 PC to death about every 5-6 sessions.

I had one player who I had to have sign The Pledge: "I will not bring in another new character until my current character dies" -- he had, in the space of four sessions, run three different characters, never due to death.

hehehe about the Pledge, maybe u should give penalty xp to players who retire PC for no real reason. This can help players to give more effort to take the mood of their character.

MoonZar

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I very rarely lose any PCs. I don't go particularly easy on them, but they've got a knack for finding non-combat ways to deal with situations. In addition, they've developed a keen sense of when to cut and run. I've run entire multi-year campaigns and not lost a single PC, and still had them fearing death.

MoonZar

Explorer
Umbran said:
I very rarely lose any PCs. I don't go particularly easy on them, but they've got a knack for finding non-combat ways to deal with situations. In addition, they've developed a keen sense of when to cut and run. I've run entire multi-year campaigns and not lost a single PC, and still had them fearing death.

This pretty good, my best record is no kill in a couple of month, but they always get unlucky time to time...

MoonZar

Remove ads