• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How old are you?

How old are you?

• 10 to 15

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • 16 to 20

Votes: 52 10.6%
  • 21 to 25

Votes: 86 17.5%
  • 26 to 30

Votes: 129 26.2%
  • 31 to 35

Votes: 148 30.1%
  • 36 to 40

Votes: 52 10.6%
  • 41 to 45

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • 46 to 50

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • 51 to 55

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 56 to 60

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • 61 to 327

Votes: 3 0.6%

Enceladus

First Post
Hi,

I'm noticing a trend here. Most are in the 30-35 range. I know I started playing back in '82 (I was 12)when my aunty bought me this
dd-box.jpg

I still have the sucker. I still use the dice. :) Just can't let 'em go. 'specially the d8.

Halma

First Post
32 and counting

I am 32 and I have been playing for over 20 some years. :) Loved every minute, even the time that I could only play with my mom...

DM (At 12 so forgive me): "Ok Mom, Your Elf rounds a Corner of the dungeon and sees a group of kobolds."

Mom/elf: "Wow what are those....?"

DM : "Uhhhh.... they are little dog like creatures that are Really evil..."

Mom/elf: "Humm... Well I am not sure what to do..I will put them to sleep."

Dm: "Ok only three of the fall asleep, one is left"

Mom/elf: "Well I will run over to it and tickle him..." Laughs...to herself.

DM: "You can't tickle the monster it is evil....."

Mom/elf: "well I am a peaceful elf I don't like to hurt anyone."

Dm: "But...But...its evil......".........

Halma the Dead Barbarian......

Azure Trance

First Post
I posted ... a lot more 30+ year olds then I thought there were. Is this because most of the people here found D&D when it boomed in the 80s (teens then, older now)?

Skullfyre

First Post
rilos said:
28 ... and my first message :D

Welcome and enjoy the assimilation
*swinging a watch in front of your eyes*
You will now become addicted to these boards
You will not feel any pain.

Last edited:

MThibault

First Post
VorpalBunny said:

Hey you wise-ass kid!! Respect yer elders! Y'know when I started playing D&D there were no dice! Nope. We had to make 'em ourselves.

LOL, I actually *did* make my first set of dice!!! I started playing during the great dice shortage of 1979. So my basic set only came with chits. We played with those for months until we did some geometry in school. We had to make polyhedra out of cardboard, so we just numbered them and used them as dice. They were about 10cm tall because the cardboard was hard to fold if you made them smaller and the seams would be less forgiving of minor mistakes.

They were great, but they kept getting crushed by the books in our Addidas bags. For a while we would carry around extra cardboard and masking tape in case we needed to make a new d8 or d12 before the game.

I had forgotten about that. Geez.

nightmage61

First Post
Old time Gamers

It looks like I'm in a small but elite group (the 40+ range). This elite group are the few who can remember the days of the little brown books and yes, back when Elf was a class. We may even recall the birth of D&D in a war game called chainmail.

Maybe we should get together and start an old gamers club. We can start planning out retirement together. Can’t you see it now, a bunch of 75+ year olds sitting around complaining about the new 6th edition rules and trying to figure out how to program the new PDA’s to role the dice.

Agback

Explorer
VorpalBunny said:
Hey you wise-ass kid!! Respect yer elders! Y'know when I started playing D&D there were no dice!

That's not as crazy as it sounds. When I bought my first D&D boxed set in 1980 there were no dice in the box. Instead, there with cardboard counters called "Die-Cut Randomiser Chits", and a little slip of paper blaming the absence of dice on the oil crisis. We figured that Jedko (the importer) had opened all the boxes and swiped the dice before shrink-wrapping the boxes.

I'm 38, by the way. But my waist is 44.

Regards,

Agback

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads