D&D 5E How should 5th edition introduce the remaining classic settings?

What's the best way to introduce classic settings to 5E?

The return of Dragonlance will be linked with some media project, and this will happen after some D&D movie or teleserie has become a blockbuster/smashing hit. The TTRPG will be published after they are ready for a new media adaptation. I mayhave said a Dragonlance videogame based in the classic modules is possible, allowing some retcons about the canon, for example the kenders aren't so childish and the gullies are so stupid, and their origin is their mixed dwarf-gnome blood mixture allowed them to survive an epidemic who forced other races to evacuate those region (but the diease caused some neuronal damage).

* It would really funny Dragonlance heroines (Laurana, Tika, Kitiara, Silvara..) as "guest artists" in a show of Disney princesses (a crossover with Sophia the first?)

* If there is a future event about multiverse crisis, maybe Dragonlance coul be (one of) the most affected.

* Birthright will have to be with a strategy videogame, but d20 needs a lot of playtesting for the right balance of power when there are some playable factions have got different levels of tecnology or magic. Should my warlord PC spend the gold to hire a new warmage, healing potions or a new squad of archers?

* I guess the return of Kara-Tur is linked with the plans of new "crunch", for example the remake of the martial adept classes from "Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords".

* I advice the crunch sourcebook for al-Qadim should be a generic title, something like 1001 nights (Oriental Adventures II).

* Could Disney licence any WotC franchise? I guess they would rather to recycle some forgotten line, or its own spiritual succesor, for example a sequel of the Threasure Planet.

The Glen

Legend
They probably want to Netflix a Dragonlance return. Of course if they want to latch onto the witcher vibe you've always got Karameikos.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
They probably want to Netflix a Dragonlance return. Of course if they want to latch onto the witcher vibe you've always got Karameikos.

There honestly hasn't been enough talk on here about how Magic is getting a Netflix anime from the Russo brothers...

The Glen

Legend
People have already converted over most of the original module 2 5th edition you just have to only include the conversion part and you can't reprint the module. What you can't do is create new content and that's where people are being stifled

Remove ads