• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How to clean a whiteboard?

I've got an office-type whiteboard mounted on the wall that needs cleaning. It has faded black whiteboard marker stains on it and I'd like to clean them off.

Anyone have any good ideas on what to use?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol). It's the active ingredient in what gets sold by the companies that sell the board and accessories. It's about as good as you'll get, I believe, without risking damage to the board.

Here's some more information -

http://www.walltalkers.com/faq_general.html

Scroll halfway down to "1. What is the proper cleaning and maintenance?"

Also, here's a picture of the product from NuVuRite...

attachment.php

Arc

First Post
Windex always did the trick for me (no streaks :p ), but anything with enough rubbing alchohol will do the trick. The trick is to wipe it wet, and then go over it again with dry towels. That should also prevent problems with the gloss finish.

Also: Sharpies and permanent markers really aren't. If you have permanent marker marks on the board, just scribble over them with whiteboard marker, and then erase. Both should come off. We used to do this when drawing rooms or areas that were going to get a lot of use, or be used multiple sessions in a row.

xrpsuzi

First Post
And my mom says surfing the net is a waste of time....

It's like applicable Martha Stewart tips that don't involve garnish.

On a similar vein, does anyone know how to take off permanent marker on battlemats?

Len

Prodigal Member
But Martha never told you how to build a castle, did she? Yes, you are the Martha Stewart of D&D!

I don't know how to get permanent marker off a battlemat. But my DM says that you can clean regular wet-erase marker off it quickly by bringing it with you into the shower. :uhoh:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads