How to detain an Eladrin Rogue? ie, teleporting

Ninja-to

First Post
With their at will teleport, I can imagine trying to put an Eladrin rogue in jail, or catching one.

Let's say you've knocked him unconscious, the only way I can imagine you could keep him in a cell is by having him in a cell with no windows or bars. Otherwise he'd just teleport out. Other than that, blindfolded. Both cases for stopping him from teleporting away because he needs line of sight.

Anyone else know of a good way to keep an Eladrin captive? Hopefully there's an easy solution.

Considering all the line of sight effects I wouldn't be surprised if jails were made with no LOS out of them for prisoners. At least if a jail was meant to hold dangerous prisoners and not just mundane ones.

dragon_eater

First Post
If he is captured by really powerful people (level 20+) then the cell could have Forbiddance on it (Level 20 Ritual).

Also the Eladrin teleport in per encounter not at will.

Maximillian

First Post
dragon_eater said:
Also the Eladrin teleport in per encounter not at will.

Which works out to 1 per 5 minutes, right?

I think blindfolds are a good solution. Though you'd never be able to keep them as regular prisoners. They'd need to be tied up, or bound with some sort of locking mask that prevents sight. A neat little moral quandry for Good societies to wrestle with.

Kordeth

First Post
Goobermunch said:
Locate your jail such that the natural features in the Feywild block his teleportation?

--G

Except that the whole "enter the Feywild and walk around, then reappear" fluff isn't part of the way the power actually works. It's not even mentioned in the PHB.

WOLead

First Post
Slap a pair of Dimensional Shackles on the Eladrin Rogue, and place the entire area under a Forbiddance Ritual. That should stop any teleporting if the Eladrin somehow gains line of sight in some fashion. Fortunately, the teleport is not At-Will but per Encounter.

Remove ads