How to detain an Eladrin Rogue? ie, teleporting

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
shadewest said:
Kill him.
Blind him.
Maim him.

Damn, but you guys are sure a tough bunch! Never mind, I'll just play a tiefling instead.

People hate it when someone can jump the tracks. ;)

But I wonder if it is even cost effective for a small town to have a jail. The gallows or even outright banishment would be cheaper and a better deterrent for those who commit the worst offenses. And lets not forget branding, if you are marked as a thief on your hands or head, it is going to be something that people will notice, and a bad rep for the rest of your life can be worse than a short stay in the clink.

Jack Colby

First Post
robertliguori said:
Huh. Can't an eladrin teleport 0 squares, since they maintain line of sight to themselves?

No. The description talks about teleporting to "the new square". The same square he starts in is not a "new" one, it's the old one. I sincerely doubt the rules were written with the intent of allowing a zero square teleport anyhow.

The answer is blindfold the Eladrin and make sure they can't remove it. And don't allow an encounter power to be used unless the character is in an encounter.

RefinedBean

First Post
Actually, I'd allow a 0-Square transport if it was done through a thoroughly amazing cinematic.

If an Eladrin was being hung, and he "teleported" through the Feywild at the exact moment the noose was to break his neck, and instead he falls through the trapdoor, ripping the hood off a jutting nail and making his escape.

But otherwise, yeah, no big deal. Pits, a good blindfold, and the threat of something more, that's all you really need.

Zogmo

First Post
It seems people have concerns with hoods and masks being "fixed", "tricked" or manipulated in a way so that they will be able to see out of. This isn't going to be true for a real mask/hood made to keep someone from really seeing. The stage performers all use props and fake hoods that they provide for themselves. That's not going to be happening in a prison.

A thick leather hood with a neck shackle and lock will solve any tom-foolery.

If only duct tape existed in D&D that would solve this whole problem.

Remove ads