D&D 5E How to RP an accidental BardLock

Zwillenger

Villager
My character is a Chaotic-Neutral Half-Elf Bard 4/ Warlock 1 with College of Glamour and Lurker of the Deep subclasses. He got his first level in Warlock as a boon by accidentally freeing his so-far-yet-unknown his patron or a portion of his patron's power. Our DM is great and works with us to realize the visions we have for our characters without letting us get OP. A really good stat roll combined with Attribute Improvement and racial bonuses has given me CHA 20 and persuasion/deception bonus of 11 and with an enchanted lute gives he has a total Performance bonus of 14, which I consider a fair trade for a rather poor constitution score. Basically he's the member of the party who tries to talk his way out of every encounter.

The DM has hinted that my patron will become a larger part of the party's overall adventure, perhaps even as the Big Bad. Knowing that, I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with the inevitable demands of my patron. I'm not planning to take more Warlock levels until the story gives my character a good motivation for doing such. That being said, how could I go about negotiating with a powerful Kraken/Elemental/Horror using the skillset of a bard? Ideally in a way that would make for a great song for him to sing in the tavern

TLDR: I want to "Devil Went Down to Georgia" my way out of this mess.

tommybahama

Adventurer
You think your amazing charisma is a result of your natural charm and good looks. In fact it is a boon conferred by your patron to acquire more souls.
Every time you go to a town and visit a tavern you will pick out one soul to ensnare. You cast Charm Person* on them and compel them to listen as you sing your ballads about the power lurking in the deep. You think you created those songs out of your imagination but they were in fact delivered to you in your dreams. The songs will plant a seed into the minds of your target. Eventually they will feel compelled to start a cult to the Lurker of the Deep in that town. In that way you grow the power of your patron.

Your player won't learn of the growing network of cultists until you somehow cross paths coincidentally, maybe as part of an adventure your group is on. How you respond to this new knowledge may determine if the Lurker of the Deep becomes a BBEG of your campaign.

*You may not even realize you are casting Charm Person as you play your instrument. You just know your ballads are so strong and mysterious that it drains you of a spell slot, so you choose your audience well. This would help if you have a Lawful Good member in your party that would object to you going around charming people around town.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases