D&D Movie/TV How was your theatre? Mine was full Sunday.

Dire Bare

Legend
I saw a preview screening Wednesday evening . . . it was dead! Only a handful of folks! But, it was at a new theatre that hasn't advertised its existence very well, and it was a week night . . .

I'm hoping the movie does better in my town this weekend!

Dioltach

Legend
Went to a screening last weekend in Marbella, in southern Spain, where I'm on workation.

The theatre was mostly empty: my wife and myself, a father with two small kids, a youngish guy by himself, a very glamorous couple, amd a group of four girls.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I'm going tonight and it's strange: still plenty of tickets available. I was looking at seat for John Wick in comparison and it was nearly completely sold out. Interesting and surprising, actually.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I am curious to know how theaters are doing since a lot of us went last week for the Amazon screening. I wonder if the folks who went last week, and thus aren't going this week, impact opening weekend sales? There were a lot of us who went early that aren't going this weekend, so that would be a shame if it negatively affects the movie in that way.

I literally just watched it at 12:50pm, so not alot of folks in the threater, but I blame the early show time. It proved to my benifit, I needed alot of stretching and I was able to use the cup holder beside me and the seat, not just my own.

Next time I see it, its going to be at a closer threater with more comfortable seats, but I wanted the D-Box experience. Its like taking the movie and turning it into a ride, but one that doesn't trigger my fear of heights

I am curious to know how theaters are doing since a lot of us went last week for the Amazon screening. I wonder if the folks who went last week, and thus aren't going this week, impact opening weekend sales? There were a lot of us who went early that aren't going this weekend, so that would be a shame if it negatively affects the movie in that way.

This is why they are going to fold in the preview numbers into the opening weekend numbers.

Remove ads