How well does ENWorld represent gamers at large?

What percentage of the gamers you know are REGISTERED USERS on Enworld? (RULES BELOW)

• 91 - 100 %

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • 81 - 90 %

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • 71 - 80 %

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 61 - 70 %

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • 51 - 60 %

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • 41 - 50 %

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • 31 - 40 %

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • 21 - 30 %

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • 11 - 20 %

Votes: 32 15.0%
  • 0 - 10 %

Votes: 120 56.1%

Simon Marks

First Post
No-one else in my group read *any* RPG related forum except 1 person who reads the WotC forums once a month or so.

Out of the dozens (or possibly hundreds) of players I interact with, about 5 of them read RPG.net - none that I know of read ENWorld.

Less than 10% seems fair to me.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
No-one else in my group read *any* RPG related forum except 1 person who reads the WotC forums once a month or so.

Out of the dozens (or possibly hundreds) of players I interact with, about 5 of them read RPG.net - none that I know of read ENWorld.

Less than 10% seems fair to me.

About the same for me.

Jack99

Adventurer
Well, according to the Rouse in WSJ the other day, there are 4 million players (D&D) in the world.

Considering ENworld just hit 70.000 members, 1-2% sounds pretty realistic. Of course, it is the top 1-2% ;)

Dragon Snack

First Post
I don't have to wait to ask, since I pretty much know...

In my main group of 5 players, 3 of us have accounts on ENWorld. However one of them only has 20 or so posts and doesn't come to the boards anymore, he now refers to message boards as "stupid" (I'm thinking someone must have been an idiot to him). In fact, the other one has, when last I asked, over 20 people on their ignore list (Holy RPG.net Batman!) - I haven't seen them post here much lately. Not really a ringing endorsement...

Of the players no longer in the group, only one of them is on ENWorld. That includes 2 long time players and 3 that were only with the group for a few months. The one who is registered here is in the latter group, but I haven't seen many posts from him either.

In my other group, none of the other 4 players are registered here. Not sure about all the previous players, but I know at least 3 of them are NOT registered here (and I would be surprised if 3 of the other 4 were registered here).

I'm not as sure about other local gamers that I know. The only one I'm sure of was the owner of a (sadly) now defunct LGS, but again, I haven't seen many posts from him lately. I'm pretty sure at least one of the local WotC Delegates posts here, but I may be confusing his posts at Maxminis with here (broken record - IHSMPFHL). Considering I run events at local Cons (and used to run events a few LGS), that's not much.

So, anecdotally, WAY less than 10%...

DeusExMachina

First Post
My group knows about this forum, but they don't frequent it. And I'm pretty sure they only know about it because I kept ranting about all the 4e stuff I got to see through here... :)

Anyway, as far as representing D&D gamers, I have a feeling that there are way more DM's on ENworld than there are out there in the world when compared to players...

I'm the only one in our group (sample size 7) and one other player in our group knows and games with another couple of loose groups (total 10) and none of them are registered here either. :(

nnanji

First Post
Just me out of 7 people I know who play. And you can see by mny post count that even I almost never post in web forums. I just read them.

Psion

Adventurer
Oh, and if there's any mathfolk out there that can point out some gaping flaws in this, feel free to punch me through them.

Your gaping flaw is trying to achieve statistical significance on internet polls. ;)

More seriously, your technique requires that all responders be in the position to be able to see and respond to your poll. Groups with NO ENWorlders won't be represented.

In my regular group, I'm fairly certain I'm the only person with the enworld account. 2 players including myself have a Necromancer Games account and 3 of us are RPGnow customers/PDF buyers. Out of a group that, all assembled, has 7 players.

Remove ads