• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How will PC's make money in your world

kennew142

First Post
The characters will find some treasure during adventures. Many monsters like to accumulate treasure hordes. There are also lost hordes in old ruins. I also like to pay characters for adventures, if they're working for someone wealthy enough to afford it. One of the main differences between the PCs and NPCs IMC is that the PCs are independent agents who are free to work for various groups and powerful individuals. Most NPCs are retainers of one group or another.

There is usually quite a bit of down time between adventures IMC, so characters often have jobs they do between adventures as well. Bodyguard, teacher, sell sword, priest and thief have all been pitched by the players as professions for the characters. One of the characters works in his family's pastry shop when not adventuring (as a sous chef, since he spends too much time adventuring to really master those fancy sugar sculptures).

The characters are usually too cagey to become too closely tied to a single patron.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
One thing in WoD I always liked is "Resources" it shows the level of income you have to spend on expendable things. So food, rent, initial equipment, etc.

So all the money you gain on top of that is special and unique. So what you spend it on is something generally special to the game.

SSquirrel

Explorer
invokethehojo said:
Since there is no profession skill anymore (not that this rules out making a living in your down time) I wonder how PC's in some worlds will be making money.

Pimping halfling hookers ladies (and men) of pleasure

EDIT:Wow, I had gotten no farther than the first post and Drjones and I are on the same wavelength. Get out of my head! ;)

Remove ads