• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E How would I build a Net-and-Trident Warrior?

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
So in our game you have to either shove them or drag them off the cliff (both of you). So there are two ways to do it without shove. Either drag them off, end the grapple after you are off and then feather fall yourself as a reaction (and not them) or drag them off and then misty step back on the ground as a bonus action.
Yeah, I could see that. I guess nobody has ever tried doing that in my game. Yet.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I think tridents get shafted (pun not intended) due to few people knowing much about them.

One misconception is that they do less damage than a spear because “more points of contact”, but…you aren’t hitting someone with all the points in a flat contact. Generally the lead tine hits the target, doing the same thing a spear would, and then the secondary tines hit, do a little move damage, and stop the thing going in too far to quickly extract.

Another use case is catching weapons and limbs between tines, and another is that the side tines increase the area of the weapon you can hit with.

So without giving it a special property, I’m not sure how to make it worthwhile.

extra damage on OAs? Grapple or disarm more easily?

Remove ads