How would I create this item?

TremorFang

First Post
I am in the process of creating my rogue character and I had a concept I wanted to try. I want to create a life size, almost life size, and life-like mannequin made of either wood or steel.

I want it to be sort of "weaponized" and magically controlled by me through a ring or bracers or gloves. I would like it to have concealed weapons and even have engraved magic on it.

What would I, my wizard or my DM need to do to make this happen and legal?

The main thing I am worried about is how to have the mannequin be controlled by a ring, and how to have concealed weapons be made apart of it.

Also what skills would be involved of throwing your voice, and maintaining believable movement for the mannequin?

Thanks. :lol:

Khazan

First Post
Well, I am not really sure of all the particulars, but I think there is a feat called Craft Construct ( SRD:Craft Construct - D&D Wiki ) and then maybe your DM could price the construct controlling ring based on the price of a Ring of Elemental Command.

Just a starting point I guess.

jefgorbach

First Post
sounds like some kind of construct/golem which you then either mentally control or possess.
neither option is RAW given their typical mental immunities however IRC there's an Awaken Construct spell (source?) which should give it the Intelligence score needed so you could then mentally control/possess it; presumably Awakening eliminates the typical immunity to such tactics?

Physiker

First Post
The Shield Guardian may be a good foundation to build on.

From the SRD:
Created by spellcasters to be bodyguards, shield guardians are constructs that protect their masters with spells and stamina. When it is fashioned, a shield guardian is keyed to a particular magical amulet. Henceforth, it regards the wearer of that amulet to be its master, protecting and following that individual everywhere (unless specifically commanded not to do so).
A shield guardian obeys its master’s verbal commands to the best of its ability, although it is not good for much beyond combat and possibly simple manual labor. It can also be keyed to perform specific tasks at specific times or when certain conditions are met. The wearer of the amulet can call the shield guardian from any distance, and it will come as long as it is on the same plane.
A shield guardian is some 9 feet tall and weighs more than 1,200 pounds.
Shield guardians cannot speak, but they understand commands given in any language.

TremorFang

First Post
The Shield Guardian may be a good foundation to build on.

From the SRD:

This is almost spot on, switch out some things and it might be just right.

[MENTION=94031]iamtheend[/MENTION] I did get some of the idea from naruto.

How would I handle control of the puppet? Separate movements (Sorta like summoned creatures), a move action, a standard action?

Remove ads