How would you change the new Star Wars trilogy

Zardnaar

Legend
I am not sure if this is supposed to be some sort of excuse, or something.

Johnson made one of the more common mistakes of blockbusters - reaching for a cool FX shot, but having the in-story excuse for it contradict the already established narrative.

Thus compounding the stupid, and making Holdo's move worse.

They had already determined that you can jump to hyperdrive through a solid object without damaging it - as Solo jumps the Falcon out of a cargo bay, and through planetary shields (which, if they paste ships flying into them, are "solid" for our purposes).

So, that one in a million shot - what happens the other 999,999 times? Half of them, she jumps too late, and it is just a ram. The other half... she jumps too early, and misses her target entirely?

If Abrams is to believed, Holdo thought a 50% chance to miss her target and run away into hyperspace leaving her people behind was an acceptable choice. So, no, I don't consider that an acceptable response to the issue.

Well they turned the force into magic and space Jesus raising the dead.

Hyperspace skips as well.

Problem being any future Jedi is either going to be weaker or has to do more stupid stuff in order to compete.

GreyLord

Legend
I can't remember it exactly, but if I were to tell anybody my plans, it probably wouldn't be Commander Insubordinately Disobeys Orders And Just Got Demoted And Might Even Be The Spy. I find her lack of patience with Poe to be pretty understandable.

The irony behind this is that if Poe hadn't destroyed the Dreadnaught, the chase would have been over before it began. There would have been no '18 hours' (which is absolutely ridiculous for the course of a movie, it should have been something like a week or several days, especially with how much time they spent travelling to that gambling planet and the events that occurred there as well as Rey's training where we see what appears to be MORE than 18 hours pass) of 2d space chase...

IT would have been, Dreadnaught appears, Dreadnaught blasts the rest of the fleet to dust very quickly.

Any admiral worth their salt (actually, not just an admiral, any OFFICER period...and admiral who doesn't realize it isn't really an admiral but maybe in imposter or some civilian movie maker who has no idea of tactics, strategy, or military at all...even fictional warfare) would realize that Poe in that act basically saved the entire resistance from extinction. If he was a spy...he would not have done that.

In addition, if I remember the film (been a while)...

What's worse is that the technician behind the ability to cloak had SO LITTLE FAITH in Holdo...who was supposedly relying heavily on that technician's science...that the technician mutinied right along with everyone else. She could have at least informed the technician of the plan since the technician already knew the tech to a degree and was crucial to it's secrecy in being successful in the first place.

The Last Jedi overall is more complete than the other trilogies films in that it doesn't leave hanging questions or answers as much or unresolved threads (a complaint some have had with it being the second movie in a trilogy), which means it's a better film overall...but it has some pretty bad stuff for a Star Wars film that in context of Star Wars really don't make a ton of sense to me (once again, the biggest issue currently for me regarding TLJ with it's take on adventure for me was...a 2d chase in space over the course of 18 hours...)

Remove ads