• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Would you Rate Wizards of the Coast Overall?

How Would You Rate WotC Overall?

Votes: 11 9.2%

Votes: 20 16.8%

Votes: 42 35.3%

Votes: 21 17.6%

Votes: 12 10.1%

Votes: 4 3.4%

Votes: 5 4.2%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Paul_Klein

Explorer
What I'm looking for is how you feel WotC is doing, in terms of product selection and quality, number of products released, artwork, buisness practice ... everything.

I'm most curious, because I see a lot of people saying that they feel WotC is not as critical to the grand scheme of things (aside from the Core books) as some think.

So please rate them, and post your thoughts below!

EDIT: 10 being the best, 1 the worst (of course)

Last edited:

TBoarder

Explorer
I gave them a 9. I've been extremely impressed with what they've done with D&D so far. While I wasn't too impressed with the class books, everything else they've put out has been first-rate. They turned the Forgotten Realms around completely from a joke of a setting to an absolute must-have. The only other real disappointment I've had with them is the ridiculous delays with Master Tools/E-Tools. Still doesn't mean I'm not very impressed with them over-all. :)

Psion

Adventurer
I only gave them a 7.

There was a time I would have given them a nine, but I think they are going downhill and aren't putting out as good or as much stuff as they were this time last year, at least in the D&D realm. In SW, my hopes are a little higher.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What have WotC ever done for us?

Well, they breathed life into D&D and transformed it from a dead game into the multi-coloured splendour you see now.

Yeah, but apart from breathing life into D&D and transforming it from a dead game into the multi-coloured splendour we see now, what have WotC ever done for us?

Well, they introduced the d20 system and the Open Gaming License and made it possible for third party companies to produce products for the game we all love.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but apart from from breathing life into D&D and transforming it from a dead game into the multi-coloured splendour we see now and introducing the d20 system and the Open Gaming License and making it possible for third party companies to produce products for the game we all love, what exactly have WotC ever done for us?

Well, they act completely differently to TSR, allowing websites like this one to exist and participating in the online community to an unprecedented degree in the D&D industry.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but apart from from breathing life into D&D and transforming it from a dead game into the multi-coloured splendour we see now and introducing the d20 system and the Open Gaming License and making it possible for third party companies to produce products for the game we all love, and acting completely differently to TSR, allowing websites like this one to exist and participating in the online community to an unprecedented degree in the D&D industry, what have WotC ever done for us?

They developed D20 versions of cool non-D&D games, such as Star Wars, CoC and Wheel of Time, not to mention the upcoming d20 Modern, allowing players and GMs to play in several genres without having to learn all new game mechanics.

Yeah, that's all very well, but apart from from breathing life into D&D and transforming it from a dead game into the multi-coloured splendour we see now and introducing the d20 system and the Open Gaming License and making it possible for third party companies to produce products for the game we all love, and acting completely differently to TSR, allowing websites like this one to exist and participating in the online community to an unprecedented degree in the D&D industry, and developing d20 versions of cool non-D&D games, such as Star Wars, CoC and Wheel of Time, not to mention the upcoming d20 Modern, allowing players and GMs to play in several genres without having to learn all new game mechanics, what have WotC ever done for us?

Last edited:

Zappo

Explorer
I gave them an 8. They've done very, very good, with some problems every now and then. I didn't like the big names going away, though.

Very funny Morrus. You forgot a small part though. When asking you are supposed to say.

"What has WOTC done fo us LATELY?"

That makes all the difference in the world.

BButler

First Post
Morrus said:
What have WotC ever done for us?

They developed D20 versions of cool non-D&D games, such as Star Wars, CcC and Wheel of Time, allowing players and GMs to play in several genres without having to learn all new game mechanics.

Paul_Klein

Explorer
Psion, do you think you could expand on what you mean when you say you have high hopes for d20 SW? Do you mean that you believe that Star Wars d20 is going to go uphill?

BAH I don't know how to phrase my question. Sorry, haven't slept yet (its 8:45 am). Could you please just expand on your post? :cool:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
BButler said:

They developed D20 versions of cool non-D&D games, such as Star Wars, CcC and Wheel of Time, allowing players and GMs to play in several genres without having to learn all new game mechanics.

Cool - I'll add that one. :)

Remove ads