• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Would you Rate Wizards of the Coast Overall?

How Would You Rate WotC Overall?

Votes: 11 9.2%

Votes: 20 16.8%

Votes: 42 35.3%

Votes: 21 17.6%

Votes: 12 10.1%

Votes: 4 3.4%

Votes: 5 4.2%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Yuan-Ti

First Post
Morrus said:

Yeah, that's all very well, but apart from from breathing life into D&D and transformed it from a dead game into the multi-coloured splendour we see now and introducing the d20 system and the Open Gaming License and making it possible for third party companies to produce products for the game we all love, and acting completely differently to TSR, allowing websites like this one to exist and participating in the online community to an unprecedented degree in the D&D industry, and developing d20 versions of cool non-D&D games, such as Star Wars, CoC and Wheel of Time, not to mention the upcoming d20 Modern, allowing players and GMs to play in several genres without having to learn all new game mechanics, what have WotC ever done for us?

REG:
They've bled us white, the bastards. They've taken everything we had, and not just from us, from our fathers, and from our fathers' fathers.
LORETTA:
And from our fathers' fathers' fathers.
REG:
Yeah.
LORETTA:
And from our fathers' fathers' fathers' fathers.
REG:
Yeah. All right, Stan. Don't labour the point. And what have they ever given us in return?!
XERXES:
The aqueduct?
REG:
What?
XERXES:
The aqueduct.
REG:
Oh. Yeah, yeah. They did give us that. Uh, that's true. Yeah.
COMMANDO #3:
And the sanitation.
LORETTA:
Oh, yeah, the sanitation, Reg. Remember what the city used to be like?
REG:
Yeah. All right. I'll grant you the aqueduct and the sanitation are two things that the Romans have done.
MATTHIAS:
And the roads.
REG:
Well, yeah. Obviously the roads. I mean, the roads go without saying, don't they? But apart from the sanitation, the aqueduct, and the roads--
COMMANDO:
Irrigation.
XERXES:
Medicine.
COMMANDOS:
Huh? Heh? Huh...
COMMANDO #2:
Education.
COMMANDOS:
Ohh...
REG:
Yeah, yeah. All right. Fair enough.
COMMANDO #1:
And the wine.
COMMANDOS:
Oh, yes. Yeah...
FRANCIS:
Yeah. Yeah, that's something we'd really miss, Reg, if the Romans left. Huh.
COMMANDO:
Public baths.
LORETTA:
And it's safe to walk in the streets at night now, Reg.
FRANCIS:
Yeah, they certainly know how to keep order. Let's face it. They're the only ones who could in a place like this.
COMMANDOS:
Hehh, heh. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.
REG:
All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Heh. Interesting what we have so far:

3x '10'
2x '9'
12x '8'
6x '7'
1x '6'

Average so far: (192/24)= 8

:cool:

Psion

Adventurer
Paul_Klein said:
Psion, do you think you could expand on what you mean when you say you have high hopes for d20 SW? Do you mean that you believe that Star Wars d20 is going to go uphill?

I mean that I have high hopes that it will pan out to be a popular game (as it it actually gets a fair amount of play) and that the game line will be stronger after the relaunch.

I have never seen such a bunch of lickspittles in my life!
My rating for WotC a 4. D&D 3rd ed. is a good system, but mark my words, the D20 system and the open licesense will be the end of the RPG industry.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
The Onion Knight said:
I have never seen such a bunch of lickspittles in my life!
My rating for WotC a 4.
Eh, this is a D&D message board. What did you expect - unrelenting hatred of WotC? :rolleyes: Not likely, dude. So chill. :cool:
(Myself, I voted 6, IIRC, or possibly 7, BTW. D&D 3e is good - but not the holy grail of gaming or anything like that.)

D&D 3rd ed. is a good system, but mark my words, the D20 system and the open licesense will be the end of the RPG industry.
How?

edit:
Current average: (531/68) = 7.81.

Last edited:

it is already reducing the number of new games, made with new systems, and squeezing out old games with good systems (like CoC, and Deadlands) as they go over to the D20 system.

Remove ads