How's your DC Gameday game schedule looking?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I am happy with my schedule. It was a little bit of a bummer that all the games weren't posted when sign ups happened - many cool games went up after my schedule was full. And I'm not the type to dump a game for another one :p And also too anal to not fill up my schedule with stuff, especially when coming from so far.

I have noticed, in general, there is usually a lack of actual D&D. This time there is some 4e out there but even at LIGD I have heard some grumbles about not having 3x offered. I realize that many people play that and so want to use gamedays to try new stuff but some people don't get to game on a regular basis and may like that option.

My own disappointment comes from the lack of Princess Bride offerings. There is only one person I hate because of that, though. :devil:

Dungannon

First Post
I have noticed, in general, there is usually a lack of actual D&D. This time there is some 4e out there but even at LIGD I have heard some grumbles about not having 3x offered. I realize that many people play that and so want to use gamedays to try new stuff but some people don't get to game on a regular basis and may like that option.

I know I like to play new stuff at the gamedays because that's usually the only time of the year I get to game at all. But if people really do like playing 3.x D&D at gamedays then I might just consider running an adventure at the next one.

Cassander

First Post
Well, there does seem to be a lot more classic fantasy at this gameday than most, whether it be 4e or SoIaF or FantasyCraft or Pathfinder or BD&D. I think that's about a third of the games, which is pretty high for these things.

madwabbit

First Post
I have noticed, in general, there is usually a lack of actual D&D. This time there is some 4e out there but even at LIGD I have heard some grumbles about not having 3x offered.
:erm: Well, if you're narrowly defining "actual D&D" as only 3x, then yes, this Gameday is going to be quite disappointing.

If you're not narrowly defining, there's a Moldvay Basic D&D game running, three 4e sessions, and two d20/OGL/3.5 "enhanced" sessions, which is 6 sessions out of 24, or 25%. As Cass points out, that's probably a higher % of D&D than any Gameday we've had to date, as ALL of that is, arguably to some degree, D&D.

In re: the Princess Bride game, as I pointed out before, the concept needs more work than I've been able to give it, and frankly, I'm having too much fun with the Lady Blackbird game and setting to go back to the PB game. I have, however, realized that some of the issues I was concerned about with system in the PB game might get addressed quite well by the mini-system of Lady Blackbird.

So, who knows what the future holds? I've learned to simply stop making promises about stuff I'm going to do, combined with trolling the web for particularly obnoxious images of pugs. :lol:

Last edited:

Riggs

First Post
I'm pleased with my gaming schedule. Lots of good stuff to choose from.

DCGD is looking like a great time, and I'm not just saying that because I am going to be in a 'wabbit game...____________________

You see that space was where the standard 'wabbit gm joke would happen, but I am not going to do that.

Just for you, Tom. :angel:

madwabbit

First Post
I'm pleased with my gaming schedule. Lots of good stuff to choose from.

DCGD is looking like a great time, and I'm not just saying that because I am going to be in a 'wabbit game...____________________

You see that space was where the standard 'wabbit gm joke would happen, but I am not going to do that.

Just for you, Tom. :angel:
Sorry, pal. Even referencing the joke earns a pug.

Have a red shirt:

pug.jpg

MadMadMad

First Post
The schedule looks great. My only issue is my own schedule change... I should have signed up for Sunday games instead of Saturday at the outset. But who knew?

If everything is full on Sunday are there ad hoc games running? How do people feel about observers lurking about?

MadMadMad

Cassander

First Post
The schedule looks great. My only issue is my own schedule change... I should have signed up for Sunday games instead of Saturday at the outset. But who knew?

If everything is full on Sunday are there ad hoc games running? How do people feel about observers lurking about?

MadMadMad

Not quite everything is full on Sunday.

For the morning, there's definitely Rodrigo's Song of Ice and Fire II game and may be a spot in Psion's Pathfinder game.

For the afternoon, I have one slot left in my Sin City game and I believe there's still room in Samantha's Game In A Jar.

It's also possible someone won't show up and you can grab their spot. It looks like Yttrai is the alt for the spot in Piratecat's game that YourSwordIsMine just left, but if she had signed up for something else already, one of those two should be open.

Remove ads