• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hunted: Enemies of the Empire OOC (Recruiting Closed)

RisingPhoenix

First Post
FreeXenon said:
Check post #15, Recruiting is open until the 16th as far a I am aware.

Yeah, but it also said 4 players, and there are 4 sheets submitted... I wasn't sure if he was still recruiting, or if the hard cap was 4.

Thanks though!
Erica

James Heard

Explorer
I think I can safely say that no game ever suffered from lots of people expressing interest and sharing good ideas for good characters online. It's not like real life where if too many people show up you have to call the fire marshal.

RisingPhoenix

First Post
Jinta

Medium Female
Human Solider 1
Destiny: 1 Force Points: 5
Init: +8 Perception: +5

Languages Basic

************ Defenses ************

Reflex: 16 Fortitude: 14 Will: 11

Hit Points: 31 Threshold: 14

************ Attacks ************

Speed 6 squares BAB +1

Melee
Collapsable Quarterstaff +1 (1d6/1d6+2) B

Ranged
Bowcaster (s) +2 (3d10 +4) P/Eng
**************** Abilities ****************

Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 8

Talents:
Weapon Specialization (Bowcaster)

Feats:
Armor Profiencey (light)
Armor Profiencey (medium)
Weapon Profiencey (Pistol)
Weapon Profiencey (Rifle)
Weapon Profiencey (Simple)
Exotic Weapon Profiencey
Weapon Focus (Bowcaster)

Skills:
Initiative +8
Mechanics +5
Knowledge Tatics +5
Perception +5

************ Possessions ************

Bowcaster 1500
Collapseable Quarterstaff 80
Blast Helmet/Vest 500
Credit Chip 100
All Temp. Cloak 100
Utility Belt 500
(3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack (x5), energy cell (x5),
glow rod, short-range comlink (encrypted), liquid cable dispenser)

Credits: 145

Experience:

**************** Background and Description ****************

Description

Age 23 Skin: Light
Height 5'1" Weight: 120
Hair Dark Brown Eyes: Brown

History:

"Go to hell, Bata," Jinta's eyes narrowed, staring at the man infront of her. Her cheek ached and throbbed from the cold steel of the torn metal he had ripped across her face. She felt the slip of blood trickle down her cheekbone and into the colar of her jumpsuit, making the fabric stick. It was the most irritating sensation in the world. Blood sticking to fabric, that is. Not the being hit part.

The being hit part made her adrenline throb and her heart tighten. She wanted to rage back, to fight back. That was the point, of course. Zin was trying to prove that she couldn't keep her cool. He wouldn't be wrong either. She had a history of a temper, having across her lifespan been tossed out of four orphanages, two planets and countless bars across the galaxy. Her temper had narrowly gotten her jailed more then once, and landed her in pratical slavery...once.

That had been an interesting encounter with a wookie and a shooting range. It had been some argument between the two of them- and when she was told to put her money where her mouth was- she nearly balked. After some coaxing, she remembered putting down her credit chip- and losing all thousand credits. But, sportingly enough, they offered her a second chance. When she balked again, they called her coward.

Jinta was no coward. She had nothing more to barter, so she said she'd work, for free, for a year - in exchange for the weapon on the wookie's back. Thankfully, she won, and the wookie was goodnatured enough to allow her to learn how to use the huge bow-like projectile. It had saved her hide more then once now...even though she was more then often chuckled at for such an old piece of machinery.

She payed for her musings with the metal coming clanking down ontop of her head. She dropped to her knees, her gloved hands balling into fists, her long hair threatening to come loose of its bindings. She glared up at the man and shook her head, "Fine. I'll work for you. But you better make it worth my while..."

There was a time when Jinta was probably a normal child. There is little proof of that now, save a small adoption certificate pressed between the lining of her well-used jumpsuit. What she dosn't know was that her parents were traders between worlds, and when her parents got too far into debt, they had to put her up for adoption or sell her into slavery.

The man that adopted her had no real want for a child, save to pratice experiments on. Psychological, mostly. She was battle trained young, taught to fight and to weild weapons of all sorts. She was twelve when he bought a slave, had her befriend it, only to force her to slaughter him. It made the little girl angry...so angry.

As soon as she could, she left. No note, nothing. She hitchiked onto the first trader-ship that would take her, and went to the outer rim to do the only thing she knew how to do- fight. That lasted about as long as the senate changed hands...she had been sent on a mission to support the Senator and was stuck between a rock and a hard place. She found out what the Senator's goals truely were. In a nutshell- she knew when someone was trying to mess with her head. Psychological games were not new to her. So she resigned as soon as she could, and started wandering as a Merc- a hired hand on whatever ship would take a bit of muscle.

Last edited:

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Cool writing and story. I hope that we all make it in. We would be quite the rag-tag group. ;)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Overall, Jinta looks alright, RP. But I do have two important critiques on the background.

First, and most important, the era of play for this campaign is the Rise of the Empire, shortly after the events of Episode III. The Yuuzhan Vong have not arrived in the galaxy en masse at this time and hence, I am wavering on the amphistaff. The vast majority of the galaxy knows nothing about the Yuuzhan Vong.

Second, no one, not even Zin's Renegades know exactly who Zin is. It may not even be his real name. All that is known is that he runs smuggling operations and communicates mission objectives to the Renegades. With that in mind, you might want to tweak your background a bit, as it is unlikely for Jinta to have met Zin before; at the very least she would not have realized who he was.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads