• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hunted: Enemies of the Empire

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=FreeXenon]You sense neither good nor bad coming from Nyub being downstairs. At the very least, you feel he is not in any immediate danger.[/sblock]

Trangle's cursory search of the room doesn't turn up anything interesting, besides the numerous artifacts and treasures displayed.

The senator stands up and moves to a cabinet, Perhaps some Arkelian brandy to break the ice eh? I was given this bottle by an ambassador from Arkelia in the Hololrodar system. It's flavor is subtle, but I've found it very soothing on the nerves. The senator pours each of you a glass and places them on a table in the middle of the room. He clearly senses your hesitation and speaks, I understand that you might be guarded right now. So let me explain a bit about how I came to be in this position. As a senator, I was one of a small coalition that opposed granting Palpatine powers as emperor. We had been discreetly following his career for many years long before he was even elected Chancellor of the Republic. That coalition was originally comprised of at least 80 senators from at least 60 different systems. Of those senators, there are only five remaining. Darth Vader has been visiting the senators of our coalition systematically since Palpatine took power. When he has not persuaded them to feel otherwise, they have been quietly removed from the public eye. The last of us have all arranged to meet in the Outer Rim to discuss our options.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Trangle (Male Ithorian Jedi)

Trangle politely declines the Arkelian Brandy, preferring to keep his mind and body sober while working, especially in such a dangerous place for non-humans.

The Ithorian nods and says "We should gather your stuff and leave now."

Einan

First Post
Horst downs his drink quickly and stands, "I agree. With talk like this, I'd prefer a moving starship under my feet. And a blaster at my belt. Let's go."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry for the long dry stretch. After the busy Christmas season wrapped up I came down with a nasty cold. Things are better now. Let's resume!

The Senator nods, As you wish. I suppose there will be time for frank discussion later. Let me just get my thi..." he is interrupted by a holovid that pops up showing a man in the Denouvan police uniform standing at attention with his hands behind his back. Excuse me, Senator, I didn't mean to interrupt, but I have a priority message for you.

Senator Entress looks a bit perplexed, but nods, That's quite alright, Nouri. I can speak. What is the message?

Senator, an Imperial cruiser has assumed orbit around Denouva II. We've been told to expect a special diplomatic envoy in Meridian City within the hour.

Beads of sweat begin to perspire on the Senator's face, but he keeps his composure. Thank you, Nouri. Inform them that I will meet with them as soon as they arrive.

As you wish, Senator. Nouri out. The holovid transmission ends.

Senator Entress wrings his hands and turns to your group, This... this is unexpected. It appears you were right. There are no Imperial visitors expected until next week at the earliest. We have no time to lose. I'll have to leave my things behind. Let us leave post-haste. Do lead the way.

The Senator quickly dons a simple hooded robe and prepares to follow you.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Worraarr's other eguipment have been laying ready near the door. He slungs the bowcaster on his shoulder and throws a heavy robe over it. "Raoorr woar raah"*

[sblock=*]I smell trouble[/sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Trangle (Male Ithorian Jedi)

Trangle searches his feelings for our leaving the building as he moves to the door to prepare for leaving. "The Empire will not look kindly upon us leaving so we will want to leave quickly and quietly before they notice. I just hope that they have not been watching us or the Senator too closely."

[OOC: Search Feelings for leaving the building. (1d20+13=29) ]

Remove ads