Hybrid Exercise Ideas

Your list is nice but it has one big flaw. The class features lost due to hybriding and those that can be gained w/ hybrid talent are not accounted for. As well as the possible loss of armor profs.

Solid hybrids, AFAIK, are:
Fighter | Warden
Fighter | Paladin
Sword Mage | Warlock
Sword Mage | Artificer
Warlord | Artificer
Avenger | Seeker

Angellis_ater

First Post
Some of my favorites are:

Warlock/Ranger (I made my as a Dwarf with Waraxes in each hand and with Throw and Stab as mainstay power, giving him essentially two attacks of 1d12+6+1d6 as a standard action each round)
Warlock/Swordmage (I made a Shielding SM/Infernal Pact Warlock with a focus on the White Lotus feats and a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" concept. Awesome)
Battlemind/Shaman - cool synergy between the CON/WIS build, throw in the Battlemind Armor Proficiency and it is a wickedly hardass character.
Fighter/Runepriest - its as if this combo was made in Dwarf Heaven. Awesome coolness and the Runepriest looses very little. Has good AC in general, since the only lost item on the armor side are heavy shields.

Overall, Warlocks, Runepriests and Shamans make VERY good hybrids in my view since they loose very little of what defines them.

Some of my favorites are:

Warlock/Ranger (I made my as a Dwarf with Waraxes in each hand and with Throw and Stab as mainstay power, giving him essentially two attacks of 1d12+6+1d6 as a standard action each round)

But you remember that the two attacks granted by TaS can't target the same target.

Warlock/Swordmage (I made a Shielding SM/Infernal Pact Warlock with a focus on the White Lotus feats and a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" concept. Awesome)
This catch-22 concept was pretty much killed by the latest update at least for defenders. But only if you mean WLMR by white lotus feats.

keterys

First Post
You mark the target, then hellish rebuke it.

Now it's a catch 22. If it hits you, it takes damage. If it hits someone else, it triggers your mark.

WLMR is not involved at all in that combo.

You mark the target, then hellish rebuke it.

Now it's a catch 22. If it hits you, it takes damage. If it hits someone else, it triggers your mark.

WLMR is not involved at all in that combo.

Obviously not - but I was commenting on a white lotus build and if it was dependent on WLMR it is probably dead.

Something that doesn't depend on WLMR won't be affected by the WLMR nerf.

And even the hellish rebuke combo lost some of its power, it is about half as effective as it was before the WLMR nerf.

keterys

First Post
Eh - not really. The hellish rebuke WLMR to rebuke again combo just strictly meant "do anything other than attack me, or if you do, make sure you daze or stun me". In a way, no WLMR may actually make the combo more powerful :)

Eh - not really. The hellish rebuke WLMR to rebuke again combo just strictly meant "do anything other than attack me, or if you do, make sure you daze or stun me". In a way, no WLMR may actually make the combo more powerful :)

That would totally depend on what you want your target to do but I think we're getting off-topic.

Some more hybrid combos:

Sword Mage | Wizard

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases